cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Modeler Error

dilshad_khan
Level 4
Hi Everyone, I am facing issue with application modeler, while spying the elements its started hang, please find screenshot and suggest me resolution , Thank You in Advance

34245.png

------------------------------
Dilshad Khan
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

Hello,

Could you provide more information about the application type (i.e. is it a browser application,  are you using Edge,  is the application multi-tab, etc)  and also maybe a screenshot of the application screen you are trying to interface with might be useful (any information on it redacted).   Also,  when does this problem happen,  is it the first screen you are trying to interface with in the application or have you had no problems on other screens in the app and now hitting the problem on a specific screen.

When asking for help,  either in a forum or to a support service it is important to give as much information as you can possible think of giving - build a picture for us of the detail of the application and what you have done so far.

Thanks,

Den

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply,
It is browser, with chrome and ms edge , i am getting the same error, not able to spy any element even whole bp is going hang after launching and clicking in "identify Tab".
there are no more tabs are open on the browser as i am only launching to open any browser base application.
except browser base application, i am able to launch amd spy elements in Windows base application.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2023, 4:01 PM Denis Dennehy via Blue Prism Community <Mail@blueprism.email> wrote:
Hello, Could you provide more information about the application type (i.e. is it a browser application,  are you using Edge,  is the application...
34238.png

Blue Prism University

Post New Message Online
Re: Application Modeler Error
Reply to Group Online Reply to Group
Denis Dennehy
Aug 14, 2023 11:29 AM
Denis Dennehy

Hello,

Could you provide more information about the application type (i.e. is it a browser application,  are you using Edge,  is the application multi-tab, etc)  and also maybe a screenshot of the application screen you are trying to interface with might be useful (any information on it redacted).   Also,  when does this problem happen,  is it the first screen you are trying to interface with in the application or have you had no problems on other screens in the app and now hitting the problem on a specific screen.

When asking for help,  either in a forum or to a support service it is important to give as much information as you can possible think of giving - build a picture for us of the detail of the application and what you have done so far.

Thanks,

Den

Reply to Group Online   Reply to Group via Email   View Thread   Recommend   Flag as Inappropriate  

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

First place to look if you have not already is the browser automation information the product help.

Browser applications can sometimes be a bit fiddley to interface with because they often have multiple application process threads as part of the one application.  It might be worth experimenting with something along the lines of - launch application,  wait for window,  disconnect from application,  reattach to application - that can sometimes help.  If you get your error during wait for window you can do the wait using the environment utility instead.  Another thing to try might be to launch via command line,  use environment utility wait for process window,  then attach.

Attaching to the browser application post-launch can make sure you are correctly attached to the correct process thread,  as sometimes things can get in a twist during normal launching.

Hi Den,

I totally agree with Denis Dannehy suggestion and it is good to try those first .

Just adding  some other options  which is present  in below thread.

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=69fb7fa3-e9a8-4c07-b311-4c08897b1745&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01#bm69fb7fa3-e9a8-4c0...

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]