cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global Send Keys & Global send key events

SamLima
Level 7
I have read GSK & GSKE but still I can't see the difference between them, both work with the activated app regardless the attached one or not 

------------------------------
Sam Lima
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sam,

Global Send Keys works at a higher-level interface that sends keystrokes to the active application. This simply means that there are windows OS drivers that helps it to interact with the outer most container and hence it works for most of the application.

But in case, let say your application interface is totally not visible to Blue Prism such as in virtualization software like Citrix or any remote environment which has the application inside it but Blue Prism stays out of that environment you basically won't have any interaction with those windows OS drivers. Here, comes Global Send Key Events as it works at a lower level interface mimicking exactly what a human would type using his keyboard. It is more of an hardware event that gets fired upon.

And yes for both of them to work you need an activated application at front for them to work also you click event being placed at the right element.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sam,

Global Send Keys works at a higher-level interface that sends keystrokes to the active application. This simply means that there are windows OS drivers that helps it to interact with the outer most container and hence it works for most of the application.

But in case, let say your application interface is totally not visible to Blue Prism such as in virtualization software like Citrix or any remote environment which has the application inside it but Blue Prism stays out of that environment you basically won't have any interaction with those windows OS drivers. Here, comes Global Send Key Events as it works at a lower level interface mimicking exactly what a human would type using his keyboard. It is more of an hardware event that gets fired upon.

And yes for both of them to work you need an activated application at front for them to work also you click event being placed at the right element.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,