cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Upgrade: Feedback

JamesW
Community Team
Community Team

Welcome to our new-look community website!

We've worked in Community management, web design and IT long enough to know that every one uses technology slightly differently, and that sometimes the odd piece of code doesn't run quite as it should.

If you spot any bugs or errors, glitches, strange messages or behaviors, then please post them in the this thread, and the team will investigate.

We've built this website with the future in mind - there's a whole load of updates and connections that we have planned in days, weeks and months to come.

Therefore, if you have any ideas for community improvements - please pop them in the new Community Suggestions area.

Thanks!

James

48 REPLIES 48

@Tejaskumar_Darji wrote:

Also, we had all-time contribution points and a leaderboard in the old version which is missing in the new version.

Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji - as of right now, we have no plans to bring back the old style points system. It was very easy to "game" and wasn't particularly representative of quality contribution. This has been replaced by Likes, and there's a leaderboard for most Liked Authors and Answers on the homepage and here:

https://community.blueprism.com/t5/kudos/kudosleaderboardpage/timerange/one_week/page/1/tab/authors

That said, there's more we can do with these leaderboards than we are doing already - so lets have a chat about what you loved about the old system and we'll see what we can figure out?

Michael_S - Can you check this and 2 post below - there is another one from me 

@Neel1 wrote:

Michael_S - Can you check this and 2 post below - there is another one from me 

Hello @Neel1 ! Give me some time on these, I'll need to investigate and get back to you. Great points!

Hi Team,

Just now realized, the password management feature is still existing with the previous version & not connect to the current community portal profile details.

Thanks

Shreya Satish Udagave Technical Architect | Associate Consultant Northern Trust Operating Services, Pune Email- [EmailAddress]

vaiku93
Level 3

The new community site already looks great—nice work! It's cool to see new updates coming.

Yes of course I had earned it 🙂https://community.blueprism.com/t5/Product-Forum/BPW22-24H-Challenges-Meet-the-winners/td-p/42607

But it seems that badge type itself is not there, just observation !

Regards,
Jignesh Khakhriya
Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Shell

Neel1
MVP

In earlier version of community - When we search something and click on community option, multiple reply of post got arranged together in a structure but now each reply is showing as separate row in search.  in the snapshot shown below, 2nd and 3rd search result are from same thread and they are nto grouped along. @JamesW @Michael_S - Can you suggest on this

Neel1_0-1714468406135.png

I hope now you all understand why I mentioned that the user name should be visible (like in the previous community) and not the user ID. It is becoming extremely hard to recognize the person from unique user ID. Also can't find people to tag in the thread due to the use of user IDs everywhere. A person is known by their name, not by unique ID. Please consider this request. (Sorry, I am unable to tag the people as I can not find them by ID search.) @Neel1

I noticed that after the recent portal upgrades, passwords are not getting synced across the BP portals. For e.g. Support portal, portal.blueprism.com and community.blueprism.com. All using separate passwords now. I'm not getting why the sync is not working.

Earlier, we were used to have a single username and pwd for all of these portals, and the change of pwd in one portal was getting synced to all related portals which is not the case anymore!