cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Migration Issue from BP 7.1.1 to BP 6.4.1

vinodchinthakin
Level 9
HI When my process is migrated from BP 7.1.1 to BP 6.4.1, I am facing following issue. Where all the stages are overlapping on each other in all pages.

Do we have any solution.?

23706.png

------------------------------
vinod chinthakindi
11 REPLIES 11

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @vinod chinthakindi,

Yes, this is a known issue. It's due to a change that was made in the XML representation of processes/objects in Blue Prism with v6.6. There's a utility on the DX that can be downloaded to address this. You can find it at the following link:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/compatibility-tools

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson,

We are in similar situation, our Dev environment is on higher version 7.1.1 and STG & Prod are on lower version (6.10.1) yet to be upgraded. We have one urgent process which needs to be migrated from Dev to STG and Prod. Question is are release file backward compatible? are there any risk which we should be aware or be cautious.

Paras Pabari
RPA Lead
America/New_York

Hello @ParasPabari,

A bprelease from v7.1.1 should work fine in v6.10.1.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Thanks @ewilson. for sharing the DX link.
It worked for me as expected.​ I just noticed the targeted versions are from BP 6.5 to BP 7.1. My requirement was in BP6.4.2. Anyway I converted to BP6.5 and imported to BP6.4.2 and it worked well.

May I know is there a chance to include previous versions below BP 6.5 in this tool in coming days.

23657.png

vinod chinthakindi

@vinod chinthakindi,

We have no plans for going back beyond v6.5 at this time. However, I believe that in most cases a .bprelease converted to v6.5 will likely work with v6 to v6.4. The only items that will cause problems, to my knowledge, will be Web APIs and Skills. This will no work with any BP release before v6.4 as that's the version they were introduced in.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric

We are in a similar situation where our lower environments are in v7.1.1 and Prod is in v6.10.1. We are seeing that any elements which have been spied in v7.1.1 are not working in Prod (v6.10.1). Here is an error that we are encountering when running the code in 6.10.1:

23662.png
Any idea how this can be resolved.

-------------------------------------------
Thank you

Kunal Doshi
Consultant
WonderBotz LLP
America/Phoenix

Hello @KunalDoshi2,

Yeah, this seems to be related to changes that were made in v7 with regards to application model definitions. I don't have an immediate solution for you though. 😞

So you don't get an error when you import the VBO into the older version of Blue Prism, only when you actually try to run a process that uses the VBO?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Yes Eric. We do not get an error when we import the object into v6.10.1 from v7.1.1. It doesn't show an error in the Blue Prism code validation either. When we run the process it isn't able to identify the element.

Kunal Doshi
Consultant
WonderBotz LLP
America/Phoenix

@KunalDoshi2,

What happens when you view the model in the v7.1.1 Application Modeler? Does it show the same definitions as what you see in v6.10.1?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson