cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed BP Process not available

Hello,
We expose process as a Web Service. We now face the issue that resource is unavailable since multiple users can trigger the process at the same time.

How to pass the information to load balancer that the particular resource is "busy" and therefore "unavailable" and traffic should be redirected to the next server?

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @Dominika.Zolotarew - I've moved your post into our main Product Help forum to see if we can get some helpful responses for you.

@devneetmohanty07, as one of our most knowledgeable answerers, do you have any insight for Dominika here?

Apologies for the late reply on this, since I was not available for past few days. Thanks for tagging me on the post, @Michael_S .

We did implement a chatbot service in past where we exposed the process. From what I have seen is that it depends on how you application server is hosted and setup. Ideally, your load balancer needs to be setup from your application server end to various Interactive Client components. The error that you are getting seems to be related to your Application Server not being able to redirect request to the IC components. Did you try to ping the server host around this time? Some network logs and event logs on the Application Server machine would help here.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is when you implement such a service, you must have ability in the process itself too to redirect your requests to multiple machines using Environment Locks, Queues and other components. Ideally, any such service that can be access by multiple clients, it should be triggered on a Resource Pool that individual resources themselves to ensure capacity and bandwidth. For more details on how to set this up, you refer to the following KB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.