cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues when using MS Graph API - Users in Blue Prism

ShivaniChandras
Level 3
Hi all,

I'm trying to read user details like first name, domain name and last name of the users using MS Graph API - Users in Blue Prism. I've tried many ways to establish this process, but unable to get the details due to certain errors...

I've registered the application in Azure AD and have User.Read.All permission. I've also tested the credentials using Postman and everything works fine, but when I try to get the access token using the API, I'm getting the below error.

7155.png
If anyone can help me and explain the detailed process, from Azure to getting user details, especially getting access tokens, using MS Graph API in Blue Prism.

Thanks,
Shivani.

------------------------------
Shivani Chandrasekar
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @ShivaniChandras,

We've just pushed an update to this connector which changes the authorization logic. Previously, the connector would try to create the OAuth handshake itself. We found that was a bit unreliable, so we moved that logic into a dedicated VBO - the Microsoft Graph - Authentication VBO. It's capable of requesting either Application Access or Delegated Access tokens. Please download the latest version of the Users connector and the Authentication VBO.

You can find the Microsoft Graph - Authentication VBO here: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/microsoft-graph-api---authentication

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @ShivaniChandras,

We've just pushed an update to this connector which changes the authorization logic. Previously, the connector would try to create the OAuth handshake itself. We found that was a bit unreliable, so we moved that logic into a dedicated VBO - the Microsoft Graph - Authentication VBO. It's capable of requesting either Application Access or Delegated Access tokens. Please download the latest version of the Users connector and the Authentication VBO.

You can find the Microsoft Graph - Authentication VBO here: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/microsoft-graph-api---authentication

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson,

Thank you for you answer. It helped me to achieve my end results.

I'm facing another challenge... Hope for help...

During the usage of the MS Graph Users Web API service, I'm able to get the user details by passing the token using the credential manager.

7127.png
I wanted to know if we could pass the access token to the web service, without using the credential manager....

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Shivani Chandrasekar

@ShivaniChandras,

It looks like you're creating your own Web API for MS Graph. You don't have to use the Credential Manager to pass the token in. Just set the Common Authentication to None and then create a Common Header similar to the screenshot below:

7134.png
Then you need to create a Common Parameter, in the screenshot above it's titled Access Token.​ Then you use the authentication VBO to get your token and pass it into your Web API as an input parameter.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

@ewilson,

Thank you Eric, It worked!!!​

Shivani Chandrasekar