cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Connector for Microsoft Office 365 - Outlook Released!

ewilson
Staff
Staff
All,

A new connector is available, on the Digital Exchange, for working with Microsoft Office 365 - Outlook. This is a complete design of the previous Microsoft Graph API - Outlook connector.

The new connector is implemented as a traditional VBO (Visual Business Object), so there are no issues with being able to download and save attachments directly from the connector. This connector has similar actions to the legacy Outlook VBO, but since it leverages Microsoft Graph API, behind the scenes, it does not require Outlook to be installed locally on the runtime resource.

Some things to be aware of:
  • The legacy Outlook VBO exposed multiple actions (i.e. Basic, Advanced, and Expert) for retrieving emails from the Inbox or Sent Items folders. The new VBO simplifies and consolidates these multiple actions into a single action that support OData $search and $filter options. Refer to the documentation for links to further Microsoft information about using these properties.
  • Microsoft limits the size of attachments when sending emails via the Graph API. Their documentation is a little confusing on what the actual max size is. The Graph API documentation implies that singular file attachments can be up to 150MB each, but Exchange Online limits the overall size of a Message (i.e. headers, body, attachments, etc all together) to no more that 150MB. In our testing, the latter appears to be the actual case. 

You can find the new connector at the following link:

Microsoft Office 365 - Outlook

#BPTechTips #DigitalExchange #Outlook

Cheers,
 ​​​

------------------------------
Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange
57 REPLIES 57

RaheelR
Level 3

Hi @ewilson

We have been using this VBO for a few months now and it has been working great.

We have been notified by our tech team that emails within our organisation will be switching to using Multifactor Authentication (MFA). Would this affect the use of the VBO? i.e. would the email address need to be authenticated using MFA before being able to use the VBO?  not sure if it's relevant but we are using application permissions.

Kind Regards,

Raheel

Raheel R

Hello @RaheelR,

If you're using Application Access tokens I don't think MFA will have an impact on you, assuming the org administrator has gone ahead and granted the necessary Graph permissions to the application registration. Ultimately you're performing an OAuth2 code flow with a client ID and secret without a specific user account, so I think you'll be fine.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hello Eric, 

I try to use the outlook 365 VBO with a Blueprism Version 7.0.1.

I set delegated permissions and my organisation use Multifactor Authentication.

My problem, I can't get a token. Error message is : 

MSAL.Desktop.4.42.1.0.MsalUiRequiredException: 
    ErrorCode: invalid_grant
Microsoft.Identity.Client.MsalUiRequiredException: AADSTS50076: Due to a configuration change made by your administrator, or because you moved to a new location, you must use multi-factor authentication to access '00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000000'. Trace ID: 24180752-1c0a-4a04-821f-291f0c0a4300 Correlation ID: b18fc924-8ae8-4c9f-a4be-c16ccdb613a4 Timestamp: 2023-12-06 10:37:01Z

MFA seems to block my request. 

Do you have any tips to use this VBO on this configuration ?

Best regards

philippe boutry
Blueprism Solution designer
Aubay
Europe/Paris

@philippeboutry Did you solve that problem?

Agustin Rodolfo Catalano
Computing Engineering
Santander Argentina
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires

@acatalano,

Regarding MFA, we are in the process of adding a new action to the Microsoft Graph - Authentication connector that will support an MFA flow. It will require opening a browser instance, capturing a validation token, and a few other things but it should go a long way towards addressing the issue of MFA being enabled even against API connections. I hope to see this update posted by the end of the month.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

@ewilson 
I was reading this url from Microsoft which talks about device information and single sign on, I don't know if this can help. 
I tried modifying the action code with that WithBroker() method but no luck.

What is the version of Microsoft.Identity.Client.dll that MSAL VBO needs? Because if I try to use the latest version v4.59 I get this error

7080.png
My original problem was in this thread.

Agustin Rodolfo Catalano
Computing Engineering
Santander Argentina
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires

@acatalano,

The specific Microsoft.Identity.Client.dll that was used to develop and test the VBO is included in the zip archive the VBO was in, assuming you downloaded it from the DX.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

kiranb25
Level 4

Hi All,

@Eric 

I am getting an error that "remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden." we are using Application access in Azure AD and have access to both read write and send(refer below snip).

Authentication is success and able to receive the access token. 

kiranb25_0-1710935727347.png

Any suggestions, what went wrong in this case..?

2) Is message id compulsory to pass as input in get mail action? if yes, how do we get the message id in workflow? 

Thanks,