cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Resolution issue

SunHung1
Level 4

The screen resolution sometimes too small that the automated process will have error:

35660.png
I tried to use the utility in DX (Blue Prism Digital Exchange) but still cannot change the screen resolution:
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Tried to contact DX support and replied them that 

There is no option for me to change the resolution there, not sure if it is because it is a RDP session or other reasons, pending for DX support reply:

35661.png

@ewilson , FYI

31 REPLIES 31

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@SunHung1 

That's interesting. So from the perspective of the operating system and the display driver, the resolution you're providing cannot be supported. This could be for a couple different reasons.

1. The resolution is actually not supported by the display driver, but I believe you showed that the resolution does show up in the available options when you log directly into the machine, correct?
  2. The display driver may not be able to switch to that resolution at the moment because the machines requires a reboot. Do you know if this machine/VM has been rebooted recently? If not, I'd suggest rebooting it and then test the resolution change again.

Cheers,

Eric

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@SunHung1 

I just noticed from you screenshot that it looks like you have the Vertical and Horizontal values swapped. This is what you have:

35641.png

It should actually be this:

35642.png

Try swapping them around and test again.

Cheers,

Eric 

SunHung1
Level 4

@Eric Wilson , thanks a lot and it is working now!

I will proceed to test in PRD environment and hopefully it will work too.

(It is because we are using physical PC in UAT environment but vPC in PRD).

35647.png

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@SunHung1 

I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. It would be great if you could revisit your asset review on the DX. 😁

Cheers,

Eric

Hi, Eric,

I tried everything what you recommended, however, no luck. Even with your updated version of VBO I am still getting DISP to be -2. 

Any other hint?

Regards

Zdenek

35648.jpg
35649.jpg

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hello @Zdeněk Kabátek 

Let's start at the beginning. You're testing on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine. Is this your local machine or a machine you're RDP'd into? I assume when you look at the Display Settings on the machine, 1920x1080 is shown as a supported resolution and you have the ability to set it manually? Have you recently rebooted the machine/image and tried setting the resolution after that?

Cheers,

Eric

Hi, Eric, 

let me answer your questions:

1. it is the machine I am RDP'd into if I need to see something otherwise it is running through Login Agent
  2. When I look at the display settings I do not see any resolution as it is disabled when RDP'd. The same which Sun Hung gave in his first post.
  3. I can't change the resolution when I am RDP'd it takes resolution from my computer and it displays 1920x1080.
  4. Yes, I rebooted the machine but still I can't change the resolution.

I have been struggling with this for more thann 6 months (well, it is not so serious just screen shots having smaller resolution) but I have tried everything what was discussed in community and still no luck. So I hoped that this could resolve it but again this solution does not work for me.

I did one test just now - when I put screen resolution to 1280x800 (HxV) it runs fine and returns true. That is the default resolution. So the action works it is just the machine for some reason does not allow to change the resolution. Any clue why?

Regards

Zdenek

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Zdeněk Kabátek 

To be clear, you're running the process while you're RDP'd into the machine? If so, I believe the issue is RDP. If you run the process on that machine from Control Room and then look at the session log afterwards, do you see that the resolution was changed? If it worked as expected, then it's definitely RDP. In that case I'd say you might want to investigate a different remote access application (ex. VNC).

Cheers,

Eric

Hi, Eric,

nope, I understand that when I RDP to the machine it will take resolution from my computer.

I am talking about running Login Agent then running a process and trying to change screen resolution. For some reason I can't change it and I am getting -2 in DSP variable.

When I want to set up resolution different from the existing one I always get the error. When I run the action with the resolution which is there natively (1280x800) the action returns all parameters are ok.

Regards

Zdenek

@Zdeněk Kabátek 

Are you able to RDP into the machine with your desired resolution

35650.png