cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Resolution issue

SunHung1
Level 4

The screen resolution sometimes too small that the automated process will have error:

35660.png
I tried to use the utility in DX (Blue Prism Digital Exchange) but still cannot change the screen resolution:
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Tried to contact DX support and replied them that 

There is no option for me to change the resolution there, not sure if it is because it is a RDP session or other reasons, pending for DX support reply:

35661.png

@ewilson , FYI

31 REPLIES 31

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Zdeněk Kabátek 

Ah, I see. Did you check for a group policy limitation or permission that might be impacting the user ID used by Login Agent? See my comment to Sung about Local Group Policy Editor.

Cheers,

Eric

Hi, Eric,

I checked all what you suggested to Sun Hung and it is the same as for Sun Hung.

Hi, @ShashankKumar1 ,

yes, when I RDP to the machine I can use FHD, QHD.

It is just troubling my mind that I can't break it :).

Regards

Zdenek

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Zdeněk Kabátek 

This might be related to other settings tied to the specific resolution that we're not specifically setting (ex. refresh rate). I'm investigating this and will let you know if I come up with something.

Cheers,

Eric

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Zdeněk Kabátek 

Attached is another test version of the VBO. I've changed up the logic of the Set Screen Resolution action a bit so that now, instead of just setting the height and width it actually enumerates the list of supported display resolutions, finds the one associated to the height/width you pass in, and populates the DEVMODE structure with the rest of the settings that pertain to that resolution.

Give this a try and see if you have any better luck.

Cheers,

Eric

@ewilson - ran the VBO and got the output. If I understand correctly it only displays the supported screen resolution mode and it does not change it, right? As the output parameters show the FHD resolution, however, the screen is still in the lower resolution.

Best regards

Zdenek

35656.jpg

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hi @Zdeněk Kabátek 

The code actually changes the resolution too. It does it in two steps. First it executes a test change to verify with the O/S that the change can be made. Assuming that's successful, it issues the actual call to change the display resolution.

35657.png

So in your case, it looks like the request is successful from the perspective of the O/S, but you're not actually seeing the screen change?

Cheers,

Eric

@ewilson - thanks for the explanation. I thought that it had worked that way but I did not see the change in the screen resolution so I was not sure if I understand the code properly. 

Then the conclusion is just having bad luck :).

Thanks a lot, Eric, for your precious time!

Regards

Zdenek

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Zdeněk Kabátek 

As the saying goes "If it weren't for bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all." 🙁

Cheers,

Eric

SunHung1
Level 4

Hi @ewilson , sorry that I am not sure if I should continue to ask here or start a new thread. 

As mentioned that the action is working to adjust the screen resolution.

We run a health check (1920 x 1080) which set the resolution every day.

However, I found if another process is running on the same machine after the health check process, its resolution (1024 x 768) cannot be inherited from the health check process.

So does it mean that I have to add the "Set Screen Resolution" action in EVERY processes? 

(It is because we have more than 100+ processes in production running... a huge workload).

Hello, @SunHung1

if you are using scheduler and you do not have so many schedules you can create a separate process which just changes the resolution and call it as the first process after Login process (if you use Login Agent). That way you do not have to modify your processes but just schedules.

That is what I would do to keep it separated.

Regards

Zdenek