cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service now integration with blueprism

ramuramu
Level 3
Hi Team,

Could you please let us know how to integrate service now incident management with blueprism.

Thanks
Nischal

------------------------------
Nischal Reddy Yeduru
30 REPLIES 30

Hi Jack,

It was a password issue. I learned it hard way. It's now up and running in API explorer, POSTMAN and BP.

I have one more query if you can help me on this.

I need to add attachment with incident along with body parameters in using POST API call. Not sure if I can use the same skill to accomplish this.

I tried my API call in POSTMAN and it's working fine.

Can you please help me on this ? 

Archit Agrawal

Hi Archit.

It is my understanding that to add an attachment, you actually need to use the Table API. I have been tinkering with this for some time but ran into an issue and have not had a chance to spend any time on it.

You say you used POSTMAN and the Incident Management API to create an attachment? Would you mind sharing the details and perhaps some screen shots as I'd like to see this.

Perhaps we can collaborate and create a new skill?

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,

Finally I am able to make it using attachment API in BP. I added new action in existing skill. PFB detail for your reference.

Parameters configured in new action :
6173.png
POST request configuration to add attachment with form data:
6174.pngHeaders configuration for request :
6175.png
Note : Header values can be parameterized to apply dynamic values and we can work with multi attachment as well.

Archit Agrawal

Hi Archit.

This is great news! I'm so pleased that you got this working and you did not need to use the Table API either.

You said you updated the Skill. As you know, the Skill is community supported; did you submit an update to the skill along with documentation? 

If not, would you be willing to do so? 

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,

I haven't uploaded updated skill yet. I am glad to contribute however I will be doing documentation for the first time. It will be helpful if you can help me to close this ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,
Archit

Archit Agrawal

Hi Archit.

I appreciate your willingness to work together. How can I assist you on the documentation?

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

@Archit Agrawal

Hi Archit, I have been trying to upload an attachment to a ServiceNow ticket in the same way you have.  I added an action to the ServiceNow Incident Management Skill and my configuration looks very similar to yours (please see below screenshots).  I keep getting the error, "ERROR: Internal: Unexpected error during Web API​ HTTP Request".  Any help is greatly appreciated.  BP version 6.10.

6223.png
6224.png
6225.png
Thank you,
Andy

Andrew Cressman

Hi Andrew,

I believe binary value of file is provided in File input parameter. In file name parameters I hope you are using file name only (ex. test.png).

Also have you tried this using REST API explorer in ServiceNow ?

Thanks and Regards,
Archit Agrawal

Archit Agrawal

Thanks for your help, I was able to get it to work.

- Andy

Hi Andrew,

This is excellent. 

Thanks and Regards,
Archit Agrawal 

Archit Agrawal