cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when testing application server connection locally

MichelleBest
Level 4
I'm currently going through the installation instructions detailed here: 

https://community.blueprism.com/HigherLogic/System/DownloadDocumentFile.ashx?DocumentFileKey=5b2fca93-ad79-4d08-b16e-bb2103bf890e

I'm up to page 28 and stuck on testing the server service.  When I enter the details (from BPServer) into the configuration window and click Test Connection, I get the following error message:
1366.png
These are my BPServer settings:
1367.png
And this is what I am entering into the configuration in BP:

1368.png
Also, I don't know if it's related but when I try and just ok this screen, to save both Connections, I get an error message saying that I don't have necessary permissions:
1369.png
I'm logged into the appserver via an RDP connection from a Domain Controller. My ActiveDirectory user has all the same access as an administrator so I'm not sure what else I need to do here.

Would appreciate any advice, thanks

------------------------------
Michelle Best
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Michelle - check the config file itself at C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3\Automate.config, see if you have full r/w access to it, and see if the content actually matches what you've set up via the UI. You'll see the config is XML and you can work out which parts correspond to your selections. NB 'automate' was the original name of the BP application - long story.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thanks, John.

I don't have an Automate V3 folder... Directly within Blue Prism Automate I have config files named:

Automate.exe.config
AutomateC.exe.config
AutomateConfig.exe.config

None of which contain any mention of my app server.

Have I missed an installation step?

Michelle

Just to wrap this up; I did have an Automate V3 folder... I was looking in Program Files not ProgramData.

I did not have read/write access to it and no amount of fiddling would give me permission despite me being setup as an administrator. Alas, I fiddled too much and messed up my windows image so I decided to just delete the VM and start again.

This time the installation went smoothly and I didn't have the permissions error.

I had some further connection issues but with help from BP support we found this was down to certificates and firewalls - or rather a lack of inbound and outbound port access.

Anyway, I think it's all up and running now 🙂

Michelle Best

Good to hear Michelle. I've had mystery file permissions like that before, hence my suggestion, but have never found the cause of it.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

nickmiles
Level 3
React-native apps are the most recent trend in app software development https://mlsdev.com. This technology allows you to build a mobile application using the React Native framework. The React-native framework has the advantage of enabling offline accessibility. This makes it easy to build an app for the same purpose. For example, if you need a restaurant reservation service, you can use this. The restaurant ordering system from this site can be customized for different purposes.
nick miles