cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run process based on multiple input

AmitChauhan
Level 3
Hi,

I am new to blue prism and i am stuck at one point as i am not able to run process based on input. Let me explain my use case
1- Getting multiple application input from source like .. for JIRA, for Outlook ..etc
2- if i will get input for JIRA then JIRA process will run else Outlook process will run.
How do i create process in blue prism for above use case, Please help me

Thanks
Amit

------------------------------
Amit Chauhan
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, Amit,

you can create a master process and within that process the logic which assess whether subprocess JIRA should be called (simple decision or choice stage) or subprocess Outlook should be called. You can call processes from other processes.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

LucaValente
Staff
Staff
Hi Amit,

the recommended solution is to use two digital workers, one running the Outlook process and one running the JIRA process. That of course would require two licenses, but if I'm understanding correctly, you want to use one single Digital Worker to run multiple processes. That is perfectly feasible if those processes can run on different time of the day: in that case you can consider to use the BP Scheduler to execute the Outlook process i.e. from 6am to 12pm and the JIRA process from 12pm to 6pm. So you can build two separate BP processes and each of them receives input from different sources.

Also your design (but I don't know the details of course) doesn't seem to take into consideration the use of the BP Work Queues: the workflow you are describing just gets an inputs and immediately processes it. BP strongly recommends to use Work Queues and then process the cases reading the details from the WorkItem. Your workflow should read the inputs, create WorkItems in the BP WorkQueue and then read the content of the WorkQueue and process each individual case. You can receive inputs from multiple sources, in that case I would suggest to use multiple WorkQueues (i.e. one WorkQueue for the Outlook process and one for the JIRA process).
The Advanced Work Queues and Solution Design Overview guides on the BP Portal can help.

Luca Valente
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Thanks, Zdeněk Kabátek,

Thanks for the reply, 
I have tried but still not getting the desired result -
Let me explain My scenario again-
Getting input from Web services for different application - (A,B& C) with different attribute in Json format.
1-  Converted input json in to collection (Jason to collection)     
 [ Json
{"Key":"Username","Value":"Amit"},
{"Key":"password","Value":"test123"},
{"Key":"Application","Value":"Outlook"},
]
Collection 

1138.png

2- Now i need to store above collection in another collection in below format
1139.png
1140.png
 3- Use above attribute in outlook application for create user in outlook application. 
- I don't know what type of application's input will come if i will get input for Outlook then outlook process will run else run for other application .

Amit Chauhan

Amit,

I am a bit confused now.
1. Do you need help with the collection transformation which you described? Do you know how to use calculation stages to read from collection and write to another collection? Do you know how to create a user in outlook application with Blue Prism? If yes, then you just don't know how to transform the collection?
2. In your last sentence you wrote about "I don't know what type of application's input will come.......else run for other application." Are you saying that you don't know upfront what applications can be requested but you want Blue Prism to be ready for that? If that is the case than you can hardly do it with Blue Prism or any other software if you don't know what is coming on the input side. Or you can prepare a set of applications and if the input data contain the application from your prepared set you do what you are asked to do if the application is outside of the predefined set you trigger an exception.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Thanks 
Zdeněk Kabátek

"I have done with Input part"-  Input attribute & Application is predefined and i know how to create user in JIRA or outlook with the blue prism.
yes you are correct -  i am facing issue with collection transformation, It would be very great if you can help me which i have mentioned in my previous comment.

Thanks!!!!

Amit Chauhan

Hi, Amit,

see the attached file which does what you need. I believe that the trick is the action called Set Collection Field.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Sorry, there was one mistake so resending the right one.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague