cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 Excel Reports to produce

BernardTheroux
Level 3
Hi there, 

I have 40 reports to produce in Excel with Exact same process just the name of the file to call change. 

Some of them are weekly other, daily, etc... 

Should I create 40 Schedules? Or get 1 schedule and put all the reports parameters (name of file, schedule (daily, weekly) in a table.

That table would be connect to a loop in a process that would make all the reports for that day and manage all the scheduling of the different reports in a table in a database?

------------------------------
Bernard Theroux
Programmer
Bell
Montreal
Bernard Theroux Blue Prism Certified Developper Bell Canada Montréal, Qc, Canada
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I wouldn't create 40 schedules either. Using a bespoke calendar (ie days when the report should run) is a possibility to consider. Depending on the complexity and maintainability of the data, you could also adapt Susheel's suggestion by housing the table as structured text (eg CSV or XML or JSON) within an environment variable.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SusheelMaurya
Level 3
Hi Bernard,

Creating 40 schedules is not a good practice. You should create one scheduler and use a business logic in your process to execute the reports according to your schedule type.
Refer to the below table for a sample.
Steps:
  • Create a master excel file of reports
  • Get one by one report to loop
  • Use the business logic based on schedule type, compare the current day value with the "Execution On" value. (refer below table)
  • If it matches then generate the report else skip
31349.png
Hope it will help you.

Susheel Maurya
Team Leader - Process Excellence
Metlife
Noida

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Blueprism built-in scheduler is just bad and I'd put that logic inside a process itself, but whatever works for you.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I wouldn't create 40 schedules either. Using a bespoke calendar (ie days when the report should run) is a possibility to consider. Depending on the complexity and maintainability of the data, you could also adapt Susheel's suggestion by housing the table as structured text (eg CSV or XML or JSON) within an environment variable.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism