cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA spying does not work on every VM

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
Hi, Today we faced an issue with modeling an application using AA. We have an app. We found out that one of the best ways to model it was using AA. It works on dev stations (interactive client). It works on one of the VMs (runtime resource) but not two others. When running process we get message about missing instance of the object. When I start modeler an try to highlight the item I got again the message about missing reference to the object. When I try to identify the item Win32 seems to be fine as well as Region Mode, but AA does not show most of the items. Of course it works on other stations (where the process runs without issues). So any ideas what to check on the VMs? What can be the factor that affects AA behavior? OS is Windows 7, BP v. 5.0.30, the application is custom one.   Regards, Tomek A.  
2 REPLIES 2

Darshana
Level 3
Hi ,   We  had  faced a  similar  issue as part of  upgrading our  MS Office  software. It was  resolved after  re-registering  the  DLL from command prompt. This  DLL  would be  available in System 32  folder. C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 OLEACC.DLL  

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
Hi DKM, thank you very much for this hint 🙂 No idea what has caused the issue but it helped. Just for case I re-registered both dlls: UIAutomationCore.dll and Oleaac.dll, but the second one was the real issue. Regards, Tomek A.