cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Work Queue from Code Stage

SandroPaetzold
Level 3
Hi Guys, hope you are well. I looking for a way to access the BP Work Queue from a Code Stage. BP is a .Net application, so it's possible to use the BP Libraries within custom code. In the AutomateAppCore.dll I found already WorkQueueItem, ActiveQueueController, ActiveQueueManager and other classes and functions I need, but couldn't figure out how they work together. Have someone an idea how to utilize the Work Queue? The reason for this approach is, that I have an asynchonous function that can't run synchronous. To handle the messages received by this asynchronous function I would like to utilize the work queue.   Thanks for your help Sandro  
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
To get items into a work queue you have two options.  1. Create a Blue Prism web service process that you expose, there is guides on the portal for that.  Your process will simply take requests and add them to the work queue.  2. The other option is to have Blue Prism get the requests in a polling process - so you place your requests in a database or file somewhere and a Blue Prism process polls that location for new work.  For both options and other design discussion I recommend you reach out to the consultant enabling your team as your design sounds like it might be a complex one.  

SandroPaetzold
Level 3
Hi Denis, thanks for your reply and your suggestions. I thought already about the second solution, but to be honest, I don't want to use two licenses to put data into the work queue :-/ Yeah, it seems that it will be a bit more complex than exprected... Again, thanks for your suggestions. Sandro