cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied - using global send keys (chrome)

a026833
Level 4

I have a process that launches a URL using Chrome and runs on a schedule. There is a login agent process that runs  before my process runs. When the schedule runs and I am not logged onto the HVD itself, the process is throwing the following error message, when attempting to enter login information. However, when I log onto the HVD, I can see my process running perfectly fine on the schedule.  Any ideas as to what may be happening? This appears to have just started this week. The login agent is working correctly and now runs a minute before my process.  I changed it to sooner based on another members response to my question, did not change the outcome. 

ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 2 in Navigate Stage 'Enter user id and password' on page 'Login' - Access is denied

12190.png

------------------------------
June Siravo
Analyst
FIAM
America/New_York
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi June - do you know for sure that the Login Agent has succeeded in logging in, and that Windows user session is ready by the time the scheduler runs the process? If either of those aren't so (ie failed to log in or still in the process of logging in) that can upset the follow on process. And if you are connecting to the VM via RDP then you are the one logging in, and that's why all seems well when you check. Sorry if these are obvious points that you've already confirmed!

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hello John, Login agent is working fine. In fact the whole process was working until June 6th. There were no code moves on my end, so I have to think there is something going on with the machine itself. I am going to try moving the process to a different machine, to see what happens. If you think of something else please let me know, I am at a loss on this one. Thank you!

June Siravo
Analyst
FIAM
America/New_York

Hey June, how were you able to get this issue resolved? I am facing a similar problem. Thank you!

Rochan Gautam

Hi rochan Gautam,

Before using the Global Send key, it is recommended to use the focus feature and, if possible, avoid using the Global Send key altogether by using the Write stage instead.

If you encounter any issues with the Global Send key, I follow below steps to narrow down the issue.

1. Instead of using multiple actions in the navigation stage, use actions relevant to the particular field in one Navigate stage.
  2. Take a screenshot before using the Global Send key.
  3. Ensure that the screen is visible in UI mode. For example, if the website has a scrollbar and the intended field is not visible, using either the Global Send key or the Write stage will not work.

Possible issues that could be causing the problem might be: a) The virtual machine (VM) was not logged in successfully.  double-check all the login agent prerequisites. b) A software update notification is affecting the issue. For instance, if the bot is trying to enter the Global Send key at the same time as a software update notification appears on the VM, the focus  from the BOT might be redirected to the software update notification.

There could be numerous other factors that depend on the application, virtual machine technology, and organizational policy.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]