cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Idea how to check the a particular IE Window using the Task Manager

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
All-   I have the process that does many iterations depending the number of items in the queue. Functionality wise  I achieved what I need. But I assume a scenario in which my IExplore goes down in the middle of my process iterations. To handle it, I believe I should be using the Process Exists Action as part of Utility General but this process Exists Action is asking me the process name which is obviously iexplore.exe . But this does not help my scenario incase if multiple IExplore windows are opened . Any help?
2 REPLIES 2

BPREPORT
Level 3
To cater with systems going down or not behaving as expected you should have retry loops in your process level that includes application clean up or restart logic.  This is explained in the exception handling guide, it is enforced by the Process Template that you should always be using (which is distributed alongside instructions) and we provide an example of an actual solution with retry/restart logic in the Lifecycle Orientation training solution.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I would use the Terminate action in the object and then re-launch the application.