cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation process running very slow for JAVA based application

NithinChembakam
Level 2
Hi All, I have created a process which runs on a java based application .My application is getting launched from a web browser. I have used java mode for spying the elements in the application . When I am running the process in my local machine through control room, its running at normal speed but when am trying to schedule it on a virtual machine, the performance decreases drastically . I am using Blueprism 4.2.35 version . JRE installed in both the machine is version 8 update 102 . JAB is enabled in both the machines . The environment is same for both the machines . What can be the reason for observing slowness when I am triggering the process in a separate machine ? I have tried triggering the process in multiple machines but experiencing slowness everywhere except my local machine . Can anybody suggest the parameters which I can check to compare the two machines . Any help is highly appreciated . Thanks Nithin
11 REPLIES 11

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It sounds like the VMs are just not as fast as your desktop - could be they have a lesser specification, poorer network connectivity etc.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
There are few options in chapter 3 of the Java guide you may want to experiment with https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/Java%20Automation%20Guide.pdf

DHINAGARANASHOK
Level 4
Hi Carter, The same process which Baalakkannan mentioned runs fine for three successive cases then the application gets jammed.Is there any memory getting piled up.If yes how to clear it after certain number of cases/time? Thanks in advance

TylerGlenn1
Level 2
Hi Guys, We are experiencing the same issue - spy will identify a java element within a couple seconds locally, but on our VM runtime resources it stretches to 8-10 seconds. We end up increasing the timeouts on our waits just to prevent exceptions. I know the java automation guide suggests tricks like reversing the tree or removing intelligent waits (definitely do not want to move to dumb waits), but I would like to know if any of you have found a setting on VMs to give them the same performance as we see on physical machines? We tried different versions of java, more RAM and CPU, but only saw an improvement of about a second per spy. Thanks, Tyler

I also have similar observation. Process runs 4x times slower on VMs than on local machines. Post doubling processing power, performance doubled. Hence we tried adding more processing power to improve processing time further but this time no improvement in performance. Still wondering what can be done to get the processes similar performance on VM as on local machine

PrateekMehan
Level 6
Try clearing the temp cache files for Java every time you start the process, suggest you to put that stage just after your process starts, might ease a bit, also try and make the objects background, all of them that you have created. Some objects interfere with the working of other object instances which might lower the speed or affect performance. Worked fine for me.

EllenBrander
Level 2
Hi, we are experience the same issues. It does not help with clearing JAVA cache or restarting VM or JAVA app. Also created support ticket but according to BP there should be no difference between VM and Physical Machine. Please if anybody has suggestions please assist. Thanks.

FredrikAdland
Level 4
If not already done, I would strongly recommend checking 'Ancestor count', 'Match index' in the Application Modeller to improve performance speed. This is particularly useful in Java applications.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. We have the same issue here on Virtual Machine. Tried checking 'Ancestor count' and 'Match Index' but this did not change the performance at all for us unfortunately. If someone found a solution please assist. Thanks.