cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP 7.1 edge extension problem

MaurizioTranqui
Level 4
Hi, I have a problem with integrating BP with EDGE. In my company we have upgraded to 7.1 as we can no longer use IE.
Unfortunately I can't get BP to work with EDGE or CHROME.
When I launch the web based application, BP returns the error "The browser extension was not detected ...".
I followed the steps below and checked:
1. Browser extension compatibility
2. The windows registry keys
3. The manifest files installed in the registry
4. BP's MessageHost.exe called by the manifest
5. Edge extension starts correctly (browser icon)

I believe that everything is correctly configured, but I do not understand where the error is (the event manager does not report any errors).
The problem is probably with the PC but I can't see where it is.

BP: 7.1
Application Manager: 7.1.0.62280
.Net: 4.7
Edge: 103.0.1264.77
extension: 7.1.0.59613 (ID: alphbcchbekpcafaknckinfpapdaiiol)

------------------------------
Maurizio Tranquilli
process engineer
TELECOM ITALIA
Europe/Rome
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @Arthur93,

Do you mind to share is it you always get the browser extension was not detected error from Launch action for 100% failure​ rate or it is happened intermittent? For my case, it is intermittent. 

And, what are the steps you grant the CMD access to your robot workers?
If I able to login into the BOT using the robot worker account and then launch the CMD as administrator and execute the command, I assumed my robot worker account already has CMD access granted, right?

Thanks

SeeAnn Loh
Senior Programmer
Jabil
Asia/Kuala_Lumpur

Hi @SeeAnn Loh,

We got the error every time we launched Edge Chrome. So in our case we could do nothing in Edge Chrome.
In our organization CMD has been blocked by default. We now have a new policy which excempts all our robot accounts from this. So if CMD is also blocked in your organization, you will need to create a new exception group policy for this. Also note our robots are not administrator, so think that admin rights are not required.

Hope this helps for you!

With kind regards,​

Arthur Philippa
RPA Developer
Port of Rotterdam
Europe/Amsterdam

sridharyamsani
Level 2

Hi, We are facing same problem, is there any specfic tasks we need to do to fix the issue or try all the suggested options above one by one? 

Please any one can help me? 

sridhar yamsani

Hi Sridhar,

If you've been through the guide and are still having issues, it sounds like you need to do some coding.  My fix was to just handle it at the object level.  It seems that something in this release is just slow to load. Perhaps it's a conflict with AV or other scanning software, who knows?  All I know is I couldn't stop it from happening, but I could insulate my automation against it. Here's how I handled it.

On my object launch page, I put a block around the launch stage and captured any exceptions (I saved them with a multi-calc in case I needed to throw it later). Then I direct that recover/resume into an attach page call.  If that returns false, I wait, then call attach again. I adjust the loop wait and total loop count by application, but you could probably do something like a 1 second wait up to 60 times. If it attaches, it goes through the standard check to look for an item on the landing page. If it fails, I throw the original exception as captured between the recover/resume around the launch stage so I know why the failure happened in the first place.

This has proven to be 100% reliable for me. (I say that and now something will break in prod :))

I hope this helps!

26452.png

Diane Sanzone

Thanks a lot Diane Sanzone , this is good advise very thoughtfull. I will try and thenkas again for sharing object picture as i am expert in BP it will be useful for me to add these steps. 

sridhar yamsani