cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP 7.1 edge extension problem

MaurizioTranqui
Level 4
Hi, I have a problem with integrating BP with EDGE. In my company we have upgraded to 7.1 as we can no longer use IE.
Unfortunately I can't get BP to work with EDGE or CHROME.
When I launch the web based application, BP returns the error "The browser extension was not detected ...".
I followed the steps below and checked:
1. Browser extension compatibility
2. The windows registry keys
3. The manifest files installed in the registry
4. BP's MessageHost.exe called by the manifest
5. Edge extension starts correctly (browser icon)

I believe that everything is correctly configured, but I do not understand where the error is (the event manager does not report any errors).
The problem is probably with the PC but I can't see where it is.

BP: 7.1
Application Manager: 7.1.0.62280
.Net: 4.7
Edge: 103.0.1264.77
extension: 7.1.0.59613 (ID: alphbcchbekpcafaknckinfpapdaiiol)

------------------------------
Maurizio Tranquilli
process engineer
TELECOM ITALIA
Europe/Rome
24 REPLIES 24

Sorry I didn't see this answer.
Answer to all point.
1. No, i switch on EDGE (i also tried chrome)
2. Yes extension was installed (it was installed by BP and cannot be deactivated)
3. No, we have only one user
4. I don't think that is a problem. The browser come up very fast and the error occurs after a few seconds

bye
maurizio

Maurizio Tranquilli
process engineer
TELECOM ITALIA
Europe/Rome

Hi there, 

We recently upgraded and have these same issues across our production environment. I'm in the process of exporting the policy report to start digging through and do a comparison to a working environment.

HongJoo, you said most of your issues were because of group policies. Do you know which policies were the problem?

Maurizio, were you able to find a solution for your issues?

Thank you,
Tj

Tj Neuman
System Administrator
Commerce Bank
America/Chicago

We are experiencing the same issue and I've logged this with a BP ticket. 

We have a number of user accounts we are testing this with over 3 different VM's. 1 user is a Domain admin in Azure and the rest are local admins on the machines. We can only get the browser to launch and not error as the domain admin. If we sign into a VM as a local admin account and launch, we get the error and MessagingHost.exe never starts. If we run Blue Prism on the same machine (still signed in as the local admin) as the domain admin user, the browser launches, MessagingHost.exe starts and the BP connects to the browser. 

It appears to be a user permission issue to me, but we haven't got to the bottom of it yet,

Dan Lister
Developer
Arvato
Europe/London

unfortunately not, our IT still hasn't provided feedback.

Maurizio Tranquilli
process engineer
TELECOM ITALIA
Europe/Rome

Hi @Maurizio Tranquilli

Did you already have have had an update on this?

We recently have upgraded to V7.1 and as well are facing the error of the BP extension not being detected.

With kind regards,
​​​

Arthur Philippa
RPA Developer
Port of Rotterdam
Europe/Amsterdam

We found that policies blocking access to command prompt, powershell and registry meant the extension couldn't be detected. If we relaxed these, we had no issues. We aren't sure at this point which one it was, but we have it working again.

Dan Lister
Developer
Arvato
Europe/London

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response!
I have forwarded this to our IT department and will update with our findings.

Arthur Philippa
RPA Developer
Port of Rotterdam
Europe/Amsterdam

Hi @Dan Lister

We have been able to resolve our issues. For us the fix was to grant our robot workers access to CMD.
Not sure on why the messaging host application needs to use CMD to successfully work? But access to CMD has resolved our issue!

With kind regards,​

Arthur Philippa
RPA Developer
Port of Rotterdam
Europe/Amsterdam

Hi All,

Anyone found a standard solution for this issue ?

What we have noticed is - the moment Browser is launched, automatically  "BluePrism.MessagingHost.exe" is getting triggered from backend.
But "BluePrism.MessagingHost.exe" is taking more time(20 Sec on an average) to come up in the task manager after Chrome is up.
So Blue Prism launch action is failing as "BluePrism.MessagingHost.exe" not coming up faster. 

Note - If we launch browser manually then also "BluePrism.MessagingHost.exe" is getting triggered and showing up in Task Manager but with delay. 

So, what we understand is the delay between Chrome and "BluePrism.MessagingHost.exe" is causing the problem. 
We have tried updating all the Blue Prism Config file wait times but nothing helped.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
And the strange thing here is - How come not a single response is available in this thread from Blue Prism Team member on this critical issue.

Thanks,
Sharath

Sharath Kumar Pennada
Consultant
Deloitte Consulting India Private Limited
Asia/Kolkata

This is a bit of a hack, but if manually starting the browser also causes the MessagingHost to launch, you could attempt the following.
  1. Using Utility - Environment, use 'Start Process' to launch Chrome. Use the same starting URL data you normally would in your object's application model.
  2. Using Utility - Environment, use 'Wait for Process' to check if BluePrism.MessagingHost.exe is running.
  3. Have your object attach to an existing instance of Chrome. (This may require some additional configuration in your attach stage.)

Ami Barrett
Solution Architect
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX