cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP 7.2 While Launching edge, unable to detect browser extension

Sheela
Level 5

We are performing below steps

1. Kill Edge(Utility-Env -> Kill Process)
  2. Launch edge with CommandLineParam(URL)
  3. Browser launches and 2 extensions are disabled and getting error 'The browser extension could not be detected.'

Is this a known issue in 7.2 ?

------------------------------
Sheela Parthasarathy
Assistant Vice President
Deutsche Bank Group
Pacific/Apia
5 REPLIES 5

ydar360
Level 3

Screenshots are always helpful. 

But based on the little information you have provided, it appears to me that you may need to reinstall/repair the Blue Prism browser extension and then retry.

Yinka Daramola

Agree. There should only be one extension installed, reflecting your current BP version.

Also, in Edge settings turn off "Startup Boost", as recommended to us by BP support. 

If that doesn't work, you might have to adjust the timeout settings in the automate.exe.config file in your Blue Prism installation directory. If you are uncomfortable doing so, open a support ticket and they will guide you through that process.

The default timeouts for launch and communication are, I believe, 2000ms and 3000ms respectively.

Brian Clayton
Applications Consultant
The Auto Club Group
America/Dearborn MI
313-336-1896

I will also add retry logic on top of other suggestions mentioned by the other members. 
Retry logic will check browser extension error or not, if it is browser extension it will  kill the process and wait for 5 seconds and then launch again 

I suggest to include  the retry logic in process level

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Sheela,

We've implemented the logic in the following thread which commendably decreased the browser extension issue.

https://community.blueprism.com/question/chrome-and-extension-not-detected#5b870266-bd24-4c56-820e-01896402d57b

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

MelissaNail
Level 4

HI Sheela. I would recommend adding a wait or sleep stage (we use 10 sec) between killing a process and launching, again. This has dramatically decreased the browser errors we are getting when launching. 

Melissa Nail
AVP, Automation Controller
BOKF, NA
America/Chicago