cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice with Resource PCs and Login Agents

TracySchultz
Level 6
Is the best practice to leave the bots logged in to the resource pcs and just run your processes against the pools you've made with them?

#resourcepc
#bestpractices
#loginagent
​​​​
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Tracy Schultz,

I don't know that I'd say that's a best practice. It really depends on your environment and use cases. If you're constantly starting processes and keeping your Digital Workers constantly active then yes keeping the RR's up and logged in probably makes sense. However, if the work is inconsistent then there's really no reason to keep the RR's up unless they can be used for something else. If they just sit idle I'd say it's a better idea to power them down until needed.

Cheers,
Eric​

EVIPUTI
MVP
It depends on the utilization of machines . If the bot is running for few hours a day than its worth logging off and using login agent to resume back . If Bot works for long time or multiple bots run on the VM then yes no need of logging off to save time.
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

It depends on the frequency of the process that runs on that VM. For a process that runs once a day we do Login>Run>Logout.

JerinJose
Level 10
As best practice we should not leave the bots logged in for security reasons. the best practice i recommend would be to increase the Lock time from 900 sec to 36000 sec by modifying the group policy settings and run the Login Agent unlock screen action at the beginning of your process, thus ensuring the bot stays locked if not being utilized for more than an hour and unlocks every time a process in invoked. increasing the autolock time from 15 min to 1 hour would help you avoid screen lock when there is a long running background action which may take more than 15 minutes.