cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism SAP Mode is stopping Windows

MelanieWerner
Level 3
Hello everybody,

ich have a problem in SAP. I use the SAP Mode. Sometimes in SAP opened a Window with an Error Message and the process is stopping. No Error Message appeard in Blue Prism. The process stops and sometimes hangs for several hours in the step.
I cannot find the window with the SAP mode. I don't know what I can do, because the Window appears at different places.

Have someone an Idea what I can do in this case?

Thank you!

------------------------------
Melanie
Accountant
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, Melanie,

you have two options:
1. spy the window with another spying mode. It must work I haven't encountered a window being triggered by SAP which could not be spied except a tricky window SAP Server is Busy.
2. Sometimes when there is a smaller SAP window which is on top of main SAP window it helps when you move that smaller SAP window with your mouse aside so that there is not the main SAP window behind. 

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdeněk,

thank you for your answer, but unfortunately it does not help me. I can spy the window in Win32 mode, but that doesn't help because the process gets stuck in the step before. It will stop working as soon as such a window is opened.
What can I do here?

Best Regards
Melanie

Melanie
Accountant

Hi, Melanie,

Can you provide more details? At what step exactly Blue Prism gets stuck? What is the action which is causing hanging? Is the action using SAP spy mode or not?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdeněk,

a Screenshot from the Window is attached.
I want in this case that Blue Prism close SAP and start again. The Window appears not always on the same place. If it appears I get no Error Message from Blue Prism. Blue Prim do nothing. The Process get stuck in the actually step.
The Process is only in SAP and so I useed only the SAP Mode for all Steps in SAP.

Best Regards
Melanie

Melanie
Accountant

Hi, Melanie,

well, this message appears due to user (robot) being idle for long time. When robot doesn't work with SAP it should log off and close SAP then this message will not appear at all. 

Can you describe your process in more detail so that I understand why robot is idle?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdeněk,

this window was only an example. It can appears different windows like this. But the problem is in each case the same. If the window appears the Process get stuck in the actually step.
Often is it enough to click OK an Sap work further. In this case I want, that Bot click OK. But this doesn't work, because I get no Error Message from Blue Prism.

Best Regards
Melanie

Melanie
Accountant

Hey Melanie,

SAP automatically logs off a user when the session has been sitting idle for a certain amount of time. This is controlled via a global setting in SAP and helps free up resources by removing sessions that are not being used. Your organization's governance and security policies help define timeout periods and therefore the best solution is to fine-tune the automation.

I agree with Zdeněk'; the digital worker (robot) should log off SAP if it's not using it. Not only will this prevent the issue from happening, it is also our recommended best practice to do so in cases where there are long gaps between each subsequent use of the application (in this case SAP).

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Madhur Chopra
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism - Professional Services
America/Los_Angeles

Hey Melanie,

The screenshot you provided pertains to a user being logged off SAP. In this case, clicking "Yes" will not continue the session and the only option will be to log into SAP again. If this is a one-off case, can you please also provide screenshots of other popups you see? Each popup relates to a certain situation and the best remedy is to understand and address the reason for the occurrence. You will have to deal with each case individually, I'm afraid.

Regards.

Madhur Chopra
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism - Professional Services
America/Los_Angeles