cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue prism Data encryption for work queue

MayankGoyal2
Level 8
Hi, Kindly suggest if the data that we store in blue prism work queue is automatically stored as encrypted or do we need to encrypt it using VBO 'Utility Encryption' before loading to work queue.
Also the data that we retrieve back from queue is actual value, if we want to encrypt it when passing from process to object, kindly suggest what is the value of Key to provide in utility Encryption and from where can we get this value.

------------------------------
Mayank Goyal
13 REPLIES 13

MaxElopre
Level 5
Hi Mayank,

You can encrypt work queues in System Manager – Workflow:
Reference:
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-8/en-us/helpQueues.htm?tocpath=Interface%7CStudio%7CProcess%20studio%7C_____5

Best,

Max Elopre
Technical Consultant
Chicago IL

Kirti
Level 2
Hi Mayank,

I have alternate solution for encrypting work queue data.
Let's assume that we have 10 account number of customer. As it's PII data we can't add account number into the queue directly so we need to encrypt data.
So, before adding the collection with 10 account number into the queue, we need to append one field ex. Item Key in the same collection. After that we need to run loop on the collection and  take one calculation stage inside the loop and replace first 2 digits with XX and append today's date at the end an store the result in to Item Key. After completing the loop for all 10 items, add item to queue. In this way your work queue data will be encrypted. Also, make sure to update the System->Workflow ->WorkQueue Key Name property as Item Key.
20177.png 
20178.pngPlease let me know in case of any questions.

Kirti

@MaxElopre ​- Thanks a lot for your response. I tried encrypting the work queue data with standard steps mentioned. In system tab -> work queue I have Encrypted check box selected and a Default encryption scheme selected in dropdown.
I added a item in WQ with Key and I am still able to see the key. I was expecting after encrypting data, the key will show as Encrypted.

20179.png

Mayank Goyal

@Kirti -  Creating a custom key by adding XX or something is one way of doing it, however we want to use the standard encryption mechanism provided by blue prism either using Encrypt Queue option provided in system tabs or using VBO - Encryption, however both are not working as of now.​

Mayank Goyal

HI Mayank,

Can you try creating a new encrypted queue?

Best,

Max Elopre
Technical Consultant
Chicago IL

@MaxElopre ​- Tried creating a new queue as well and added one row in queue, still Item Key value reflects as earlier. No sure how that checkbox 'Encrypt' works and what difference happens after selecting it.

Mayank Goyal

@MaxElopre ​- Any inputs on above?

Mayank Goyal

Hi Mayank,

Make sure to follow the instructions in this link:
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-8/en-us/helpEncryption.htm

Try the option of storing the key in the database for now as there's an extra step in storing the key in the App server. Check the attached screenshot on how it should look like without the suffix "-None".

Best,

Max Elopre
Technical Consultant
Chicago IL

@MaxElopre - Thanks a lot for your response. My encryption scheme is same as shared in your screenshot. The none suffix is automatically coming when adding WQ and have no option to edit that dropdown.

20190.png
 ​

Mayank Goyal