cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue prism unable to connect with InfoPath using code stage

KishlaySingh
Level 5

Dear Community,

I am trying to connect to InfoPath application using code stage with the help of info path dll.  Point to be taken note is that info path application is not installed in the system. We are trying to connect just using dll. Please see the namespaces and code used(taken from Microsoft website : External automation scenarios and examples)  and run time error as well.

Namespace

35823.png

Code Stage

35824.png

Error

35825.png

Have anyone tried the same i.e. to connect info path using dll without installing the application? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. 🙂

Kishlay Singh Senior Consultant UOB Singapore
2 REPLIES 2

harish.m
MVP

Hi Kishlay Singh,

I have never tried to connect InfoPath, But  I would try couple of ways:
1) Give only the dll name  instead of whole path and make sure to restart the BP before trying.

2) If the first approach is not working   create a new folder inside BLue Prism folder  and dump all the dll's there and point the whole path in the code stage name spaces and give a try.

Check below thread from stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1036856/retrieving-the-com-class-factory-for-component-with-clsid-xxxx-failed-due-to-t

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

KishlaySingh
Level 5

Hi @Harish Mogulluri,

Thanks for the response.

I tried both the approach you suggested but unfortunately, no luck. 
Do you know if Infopath application needs to be installed to use the dll?

Thanks!

Kishlay Singh Senior Consultant UOB Singapore