cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrims in Remote Desktop Enviroment (Citrix)

GiuliaSferrazzo
Level 2
Hi all, I have a Blue Prism Architecture setup where servers and database server are in different machines (VDI) which can be accessed only via remote desktop. I scheduled my bot to run at server VM. Now when I am connected to VM using Remote Desktop Protocol and keep the window in monitoring mode(watching it), All my scheduled jobs works fine, But if I minimize that VM window (By minimizing RDP ) or if I dont do RDP to VM machine (via Login AgentI, the automation stops and throws errors (different types) I know that RDP is a not raccomended by BP, but I can't move to another infrastructure setup. Any suggestion to overcome this problem? Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

Silje_HeleneDam
Level 2
Have you tried to restart the VDI? If we connect to any of our VDI's we have to restart the machines and do everything from the control room. If not we get all different types of errors. 

GiuliaSferrazzo
Level 2
Thanks. Yes, I've tried to restart VDI and then schedule robot only from control room. Same problem.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
RDP has a few inherent issues, such as security layers, clipboard interaction, etc. The biggest one though, is that disconnecting from an RDP session will leave the system locked in such a way that Login Agent won't be able to function properly. This is a known issue. Rather than changing your infra setup, try just changing how you access the machines. Look into something like TeamViewer, or VNC. Between the two, we've had a significantly better experience with TeamViewer.