cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Spying Mode

JohnPerry
Level 3
Has anyone had any problem using the above when capturing elements on a web browser. when i'm currently using it, sometimes it works and sometimes not. i dont know if this is a problem with our network or a blue prism problem
3 REPLIES 3

Neel1
MVP
hello @John Perry - please can you share more details to your issue

Version of BP you are using
version and name of browser you are using​
any error you are facing
extension installed properly?
have you tried UIA mode if browser mode is failing

JohnPerry
Level 3
I'm using version 6.10, we are working with Microsoft Edge, the extension seems to be installed and working properly. UIA mode does seem to work and for now I can use that, I just had to re-spy quite a few items that were working about an hour before.

I have read in another question that there is a problem with Blue Prism where it looses connection to browser mode for versions before 7.0 so that might be the explanation

Neel1
MVP
Hello @John Perry - yes there are few issue in earlier version of BP. first check whether you are not hitting into known issue for that specific version of BP. but it is not like that every version has this issue. Please check the below link :-
http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Upgrade-Expansion/Upgrade/1579866972/What-are-the-known-issues-in-Blue-Prism-Version-6-10.htm

​and yes BP 7 is much more stable in term of browser automation. I am using version 7.0.0 and apart from few minor issue - i am happy with the improvement done in this version . Native messaging host is used to communicate with browser in version 7.