cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant blueprism close SAP properly?

FelipeDantas1
Level 2
I´m doing an automation that uses SAP and whenever SAP closes using "kill process" action, and opens again, an "instance" remains open as shown in the image, but hovering over this instace disappears. The problem is that this is causing the VMs to slow down. Does anyone know how to solve?

19467.png

------------------------------
Felipe Dantas
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This is windows behaviour rather than Blue Prism - you have effectively crashed out of a program using kill and the windows OS has not fully reacted to the program going.

My first recommendation is to always try to exit out of applications cleanly,  like a user would,  whenever possible,  rather than just sending a kill.  A kill command should be seen as a final step only if a clean exit has not worked (i.e. you could have a wait stage that waits for the process to not exist and kills if it does not go).

A regular clean up of VDIs is a good idea,  similar to you never rebooting your laptop means it gradually slows down - the Blue Prism digital workers should be periodically rebooted as part of normal operations procedures - there are ways of doing this automatically using either the VDI technology you use or Blue Prism code stage could do it returning you to the login prompt for the login agent to log back in.   Also,  if you have built your Blue Prism solutions according to best practices your robots will probably be logging out and back into your VDIs in between sessions which in itself will clean things up removing the taskbar icons.

If for some system/application issue you are forced to kill processes as a matter of course and this issue persists too quickly for the regular reboot  or robots logging out / in to help then you could maybe do something like kill and restart the windows explorer.exe process.

Denis Dennehy
Head of Professional Services, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London