cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture Screenshot in Exception Stage

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Blue Prism version 6, a feature was added to take error screenshot in exception stage. I tried using that. But I am not sure where the screenshot is getting saved and how to access it. If Someone has any idea on this, please help me out.!!! Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

MikeHiggs
Level 5
Hi, I haven't looked at V6 for this feature but we created a code stage (C#) that programatically takes a screen print and saves it to a specific location. This is very handy for support (who obviously do not have access to prod machines) as we incorporate the action into the exception handling (usually abort) so we can see what's gone wrong. I can dig the code out if you like but you will probably find it on stack exchange easily enough. Mike

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Srinath, The image is being stored in the database as an encoded value. You can only view the exception image by right clicking on a robot from the available resources section of session management and clicking view last screenshot. I'm not sure why Blue Prism aligned a screenshot to a resource, rather than aligning them to a work queue item. Tom.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The screenshot feature stores an image of the last exception to occur on a resource - I presume it is not saving a screenshot of every exception that occurs within a session as that would generate far too much log data.  

BenRPA
Level 4
Hi @Michael.Higgs Could you please share your C# Code to take a print screen action? Where do you set it up? Thanks, Ben

AnitejaKota
Level 3
There is a VBO provided by BluePrism to take screenshot and save the screenshot with a Filepath\FileName.extension

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
My C# code stage (png_path is input string): Bitmap memoryImage = new Bitmap(Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width,Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Height); Size s = new Size(memoryImage.Width, memoryImage.Height); Graphics memoryGraphics = Graphics.FromImage(memoryImage); memoryGraphics.CopyFromScreen(0,0,0,0,s); memoryImage.Save(png_path);