cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change WorkQueue Deferral Date in Process Studio

Leo_Kalai_Chelv
Level 2
I am aware that we have option to edit work queue item's defer date manually but want to know Is there any technique to change work item defer date inside process/object studio. I have below requirement for ticketing system automation. For few requests, we need proper approval, so once ticket is arrived based on the type we can trigger mail to get approval. Approver can take max 5 days to approve it (Initiate defer date for this item may be AddDays(Today(), 5) but if he approves in one day, we need to change the defer item date to current date so that it will be immediately available for further process. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
No there's no way to bring a defer date forward, other than manually via control room. Perhaps a better design would be to defer by 1 day at a time, up to a maximum of 5 days. That way if approval arrives today, you can choose not to push the case back to tomorrow.

EliBorwick
Level 2
I am facing a similar issue. It seems a little ridiculous that deferred items are completely inaccesible to the process until the defer date time, making it a much weaker tool than it could be. There are numeroes scenarios where a deferred item might need to be retrieved.