cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decipher: Batches in Limbo?

stepher
Level 5
First, I apologize if this [probably] duplicates an existing thread.  The closest I could find was a bit outdated from July of 2020.

We went live with our first process back at the end of June (2022).  Mostly, things have been running pretty smoothly.  However, in reviewing the associated BP workqueue, I have noticed batches not being returned from Decipher.  The numbers are small, overall, and extremely sporadic, but it is still an issue.  Since a high rate of batches are processing through without incident, I am assuming that the end-users are consistently performing their actions.  The documents seem to have passed through both Class and Data Verification, without the end-user noting anything signficant.

The Batch History report shows only 'Completed' batches (no other status), but the Admin/Batches tab shows these orphan Batches, some dating back a few weeks.  And, to be clear, some of these are single batches in the midst of many batches that process successfully in that cycle.

So, I am looking for leads to follow.  If there might be something that the end-user is doing, I can address that.  If there is a technical issue, then I need to be able to frame it for our Operations team to correct.

Thanks for any help,
Red

------------------------------
Robert "Red" Stephens
Application Developer, RPA
Sutter Health
Sacramento, CA USA
Robert "Red" Stephens Application Developer, RPA Sutter Health Sacramento, CA
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Please get in touch with our technical support team so one of our product specials assist you with your issue.
By phone:
UK and Europe +44 (0)330 321 0055
North America +1 844 321 0055
Asia Pacific +61 2 8074 2915
Japan +81 (3) 6332 7614

By email: support@blueprism.com

Or using the Portal

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Please get in touch with our technical support team so one of our product specials assist you with your issue.
By phone:
UK and Europe +44 (0)330 321 0055
North America +1 844 321 0055
Asia Pacific +61 2 8074 2915
Japan +81 (3) 6332 7614

By email: support@blueprism.com

Or using the Portal

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

Thanks, @Luis Lopez, but I was able to isolate the issue.  I also apologize, again, as I thought I was posting this in the Decipher-specific Community.

To be clear, and so as to not overstate the impact of the issue, this has affected less than 1% of the documents passed between Blue Prism and Decipher.

My issue ends up being a combination of three factors:
  1. Decipher taking a bit longer to process large volumes of documents​, at least longer than my BP process was expecting.
  2. What I consider to be suboptimal logic for passing the Decipher Batch and Document IDs back into BP
  3. My own suboptimal logic that ended up exacerbating item 2, when item 1 occurred.
So, I know what I need to do.  And while I am happy to expound upon my particular failings in this instance, it would probably be better suited for the Decipher Community.

Thanks so much,
Red

Robert "Red" Stephens
Application Developer, RPA
Sutter Health
Sacramento, CA
Robert "Red" Stephens Application Developer, RPA Sutter Health Sacramento, CA