cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome - Browser Mode cannot recognize previously spied elements

PraveenNair
Level 3
OS: Windows 7   BP Version 6.4   Browser : Chrome I am having an issue where previously spied elements are not being recognized in App Modeller. I am using Browser Mode to spy elements in  ANY web page within Chrome browser. App Modellar was functioning fine for few days but all of a sudden it was not able to recognize any elements. Troubleshooting steps included clearing cache from browser, reinstalling BP 6.4, using different credentials to log into OS and BP, creating a new object, comparing attributes before and after the issue. I can use UIA for this web application in Chrome by enabling force render accessibility, but the attributes it is finding is not satisfactory. Constantly using match index is required but the result is not consistent.  That said I would like to use Browser mode which resulted in better attribute selection. Unfortunately , i have the issue of elements not being recognized. Any guidance on solving this issue is much appreciated. Thanks Prav.
12 REPLIES 12

PraveenNair
Level 3
Thank you pwisniewski for the solution. Also combination of BP 6.4.2 , Chrome 72 , latest bp chrome extension works for me.

MadhurTelang
Level 2
Thanks pwisniewski ! It was life saver 🙂

Hello,

Did a big finding yesterday as I have had issues with instability when spying using browse mode. Sometimes it worked and sometimes not...driving me crazy! Maybe this can help others having similar issues: In our environment we exposed our VMs to more than one environment. They where set up as resource PCs for DEV, UAT and Production enviornment. This has worked perfect up until now where we started using browse mode for Edge web applications. 

So - if you experience issues and have the same issues try only exposing your VM to one environment. After this change - BP browse mode has worked as butter for us!
20204.png

Brgds
Christian

------------------------------
Christian Jørgensen
Senior System Analyst
Yara International ASA
Europe/London
------------------------------