cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Headers containing spaces

PaulCurran1
Level 4
Hi, I developed a process in BP v5 where I use an excel file to populate a collection and load queue. The headers of this source excel contain Column Headers that have additional spaces e.g. "POLICY    " 'Get next item' then populates collection Item Data on main page of process with these headers along with the actual case data to pass to the process. This logic has always worked however since upgrading to BP v6.3 there seems to be a problem using the Item Data collection to pass case data to the process. For example after getting next item I can see that collection field [Item Data.POLICY   ] contains a valid value but when passing this value to one of my actions the value instead shows as blank and this throws an error. I'm pretty sure the spacing within header of the collection [Item Data.POLICY   ] is causing the issue but I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has encountered this problem and maybe has an explanation as to why spacing is now an issue within BP6.3 and not BP5. Thanks in advance, Paul.
7 REPLIES 7

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
I have added .Trim() in Fix headers action when I got space in column name for the first time, so I'm not sure if this is a problem in 6.3. Could it be that number of spaces changed? 

PaulCurran1
Level 4
No spacing is identical. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't want to start looking at any logic to cater for it until I understand the issue and unless its absolutely necessary. Given that there was no issue in any previous versions of BP then it might just be a quirk in BP 6.3 so I'll raise a ticket with the support team to investigate. Thanks again.

TejendraBandaru
Level 3
Hi Paul,   Even the same happened with me. In my process, I have spaces at the beginning of the header name. It returns blank even though the value exists under Current values. My problem is all the production environments are coded with spaces in the collection. If upgrade happens to out prod environment, I am sure all the process will be terminated which causes lot of production loss. Not sure what could be the workaround but raised a ticket to customer support.  

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I've got the same and I've raised a ticket.

TejendraBandaru
Level 3
John, Any update on the ticket you raised?

WitoldKochman
Level 2
Hello, I have updated BP to 6.3 version and see the same issue with spaces in collection headers... Do you have any updates from support?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I'm told by our support team that it has been fixed for the next release.