cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use HTML spying moge.

MarcinLange
Level 2
Hi, I'm unable to use HTML spying mode in web browser application. I'm using IE v11. I check application wizard and parameters are filled correctly (web based application runs from executable file - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe) When I'm trying to launch IE and attach through Process Layer. Unfortunately BP is unable to recognize any elements in application.  Only elements can be spied launching using Object Layer. I am not able to get HTML mode when spying the elements in the attached web application. When I tried switching modes, I am getting "Region", "AA" and "Win32" modes but I am not getting HTML mode. I also tried to experiment with TabProcGrowth and Child Index but it's not working. Hope someone will find a solution. regards, marcin
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Use task manager to check you have no unwanted instances of iexplore.exe hanging around. Then launch your web app manually and attach via a navigate stage using child index =0, and if that doesn't enable HTML spy mode, try =1.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
I had this(?) recently in prod on two bots at once, web browser suddenly just stopped being visible to BP in the middle of the running process: IE is lauching, but even navigate URL fails. When I tried spying, there was no HTML mode at all - VM reboot solved it, but left me pondering what just happened.  Another dev around the same time had a process that would attach to java app just fine using step-in, but BP hang forever using step-over/control room, despite clear logic inside to fail on repeated exceptions. Worked on my PC, hanged on two others.. not sure now if reboot solved it for them.  Heisenbugs ftw.  It could be some kind of silent OS update that left something in system out of sync until reboot, but since I can't reproduce it, it's hard to tell. tldr: try reboot first