cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Room Alerting | Offline Resources

ryanamiller
Level 5
We have built our Process to be robust when encountering any issues during run time so that they are sending emails for any unhandled exceptions. Unfortunately, this doesn't help if the Scheduler fails to initiate the Process for any reason (resource offline, resource busy, etc.).  This data is readily available in the client's Control tab using the Reports/Recent Activity, however this is dependent on having the client open and looking at any failures in real time.  This is especially difficult for troubleshooting our overnight Schedules where no one is typically using the client (or even awake at that point). Has anyone developed a way to send an email notification for any Scheduler exceptions so notification can occur in real time if there is an issue?  If the data is in the database, I would suppose that a query could be run periodically to capture any failures in the last XX minutes. 
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I recommend reading the monitoring data sheets available from the product team on this Portal.  The application server logs issues to the windows event logs that can be monitored using IT monitoring tools such as Splunk.  Also, there are is Blue Prisms built in alerts feature that do alert on schedules (I think).   Another option some clients do is create some kind of internally built monitoring dashboard, that reports on sessions and schedules running and failing in a large screen view - this would be a bespoke solution reporting database data.  

ryanamiller
Level 5
Thanks Denis, I found the Monitoring Blue Prism doc (https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2017-09/Blue%20Prism%20Data%2…), is that what you're referring to?   It would be nice if the product had more built-in features regarding alerting with the schedule/Control tab.  It has all the data it needs within the database in order to do so from what I can see.  Right now there seems to be an assumption that Processes will only run during business hours, or at least eyes will be on the client when Processes do run.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hi Ryan, Improved alerting is something on our Roadmap.  In the meantime, have you experiemented with Blue Prism's built in alerts?  That will do what you are suggesting.  However, it should be noted that other monitoring tools outside of the Blue Prism product will always be required for a robust monitoring solution - because there will be instances when Blue Prism cannot log an issue to it's own database (i.e. because of an Automate.exe crash or because of network communication issues) - those kind of issues are in the Windows Events logs for you to listen to using a dedicated monitoring too.