Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not decrypt data: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed

TomMason
Level 4
Hi All,

Just a quick question...

We have been starting again in regards to whole infrastructure and have built new servers etc... and are importing every Process and Business Object (and every other integral part of our Blue Prism product).... basically a fresh installation of Blue Prism. We were previously on releave 6.3 but have now gone to v6.10 with a transformation from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... fun, fun, fun.... I wasn't involved in the original build of the back-end internal side of Blue Prism but have now adopted it...

Now my question is in regards to Credentials and Encryption keys. 

I had originally set up (generated) an Encryption Key within the System tab of the product (AES-256) which has its Key Location as the Database. I tried to run the Get Password action within a process and got the message:

Internal: Could not decrypt data: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.

I then following our old installation set up (generated) a Credentials Key in the same manner... so basically there are now 2 Encryption Schemes.... however the message is the same.

I have brought over and reinput manually the Credentials and associated User Names/Passwords, but to no avail...

What am I missing?

Do I need our ICT to do something with the App Server? or am I not doing something I should?

Many Thanks in advance,

Tom
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

TobiasArnold
Level 6
Hi Tom,

Even installing the old key will not do the trick. Changing the 'Default Schema' will only effect new keys or password changes.

Take a look in the database BPAKeyStore table and identify the 'id' of the old key. Got to the BPACredentials table and take care that all credentials encrypted with the old key references the fetched id in the 'encryptid' field.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Tom,

The "Internal: Could not decrypt data: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed." error occurs when a different encryption key is used to try and decrypt the encrypted data. You would need to use the Show Key checkbox on the original environment that was used to encrypt the data and then copy and paste this key into the new environment to decrypt the data.

Regards

Chris

TobiasArnold
Level 6
Hi Tom,

Even installing the old key will not do the trick. Changing the 'Default Schema' will only effect new keys or password changes.

Take a look in the database BPAKeyStore table and identify the 'id' of the old key. Got to the BPACredentials table and take care that all credentials encrypted with the old key references the fetched id in the 'encryptid' field.

Amritpal_SinghB
Level 2
I was working on one project and was getting this error too.
Solution:
1)Go to your credentials under 'System'.
2)Open access rights
3)Check whether Security roles, Processes and Resources on which you are using get credentials is mark checked

Do let me know if anything comes up
Thank you