cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decryption / Encryption of Email

MartinParoubek
Level 2
Hi All, in our company most of our emails are encrypted. Currently we are developing solution to read encrypted emails (especially we need attachment). Can you describe us how to deal with such topic trough MAPIEx or Utility - Encryption or should we develop some business object? We are searching any possible way to deal with the task. Thank you very much for answer, Best regards, Martin
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Microsort Exchange mail has encryption built into it - so for example if I go to my account details settings in Outlook, select my exchange account, click on more settings.. and go to the security tab, there is a checkbox that is ticked called 'Encrypt data between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange'. Even though I have that box ticked (I presume it is ticked by default) - Mapiex works fine for me, because it is using the Microsoft Mail technology. If you are looking to encrypt emails using a technology outside of Microsofts normal mail features - then obviously that is not going to be part of the Mapie API either and you will need to look to create a different interface for your bespoke email solution. I am not sure what the utility - encryption object is for, my presumption it is a pre-cursor to Credentials Manager and the ability to encrypt work queue data rather than related in any way to encrypting emails.