cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in Updation Of Credentials

vinodchinthakin
Level 9
Hi,

I got a situation where I need to store and update around 100 credentials in credential manager. Last week I have updated around 40 credentials out off 100. When I checked after 5 days, the credentials weren't updated. The Bot is using same old ones. 
As per my knowledge, they need to be updated immediately. May I know, Is there any delay in updating of Credentials in credential manager. what may be the reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
vinod chinthakindi
7 REPLIES 7

Hello - By update do you mean you imported credentials OR did you manually update them?. While importing credentials the settings will not get imported, and if you had done it manually it is advisable to check if the credential is updated correctly as at time we may have missed clicking on the OK button for manual update.

As far as i know there is no delay/latency in credentials getting updated, unless there was some Database issue and the backend credentials Table has been restored to a previous version

Vinodh Kannan Krishnan
AVP
State Street Corporation
America/New_York

Hi Vinodh,
Thanks for your response.
We are updating credentials manually and then clicking on OK.  We are taking complete care while updating manually. there is no chance of forgetting clicking on OK.

We haven't restored any Database (credentials) Table.

vinod chinthakindi

I would expect the update to be instant. Maybe if the process was already in flight and had already got the old password before the credential update?

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John,

For updating credentials, Do we need to stop the respective process or scheduling of bots? or we can update while running of process?

As you said the process which is already in flight  may be using old password, but as you see my query even after 4-5 days, its using same old password.

vinod chinthakindi

Hi Vinod - the point I was making was that if, for example, the process gets the credential once at 0900 and keeps running until 1300, and you update the credential at 1000, then the process will not be aware of the update. But if the process starts after the update, or if the process attempts to get the credential after the update, then it will pick up the new password.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Vinod - not sure if this is relevant to you but a similar sounding issue came up in conversation regarding fixes applied in v6.9 - 

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Upgrade-Expansion/Upgrade/1490225772/What-are-the-known-issues-in-Blue-Prism-Version-6-8.htm

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thanks John for sharing valuable article. It is some what relevant to my issue.
But status is shown as got fixed in v6.9. I am facing this issue in v6.9.
Another point they haven't mentioned Password field neither in issue nor in workaround. I am facing this issue in password field, other fields are updating without issues.

Lets see if someone faces/posts similar issue.

vinod chinthakindi