cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete folder and got permission issue though I can do it manually

TakKwok
Level 4
Trying to delete a folder through BP and got a message "The caller does not have the required permission to delete this directory or sub directories" but I am able to manually delete the folder. Appreciate any pointer as to where the problem is.

Thanks,

------------------------------
Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Tak Kwok,

Are you getting this error when you run the process in debug or only when it's run via Control Room? Is this on your local machine, or a remote machine. As the message states, there's a permissions issue related to the account the resource PC is running under.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Eric:

I was running in debug mode as this is a new process and is on a remote machine. We had created a specific user ID/account for this process and this ID was used to log into the remote machine to run the process. The process uses command line to run a git clone (for python) which created the folder in this ID/account (users) directory. The process then runs the Python script under this folder and when it is done, we wanted to delete the folder as it is no longer needed in which we are encountering the issue. Since the folder is under this ID/user's account, I didn't understand why it is getting permission issue (also, it created the folder using command line).

Thanks,

Tak

Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York

EVIPUTI
MVP
Can you check if the folder has been given all the users "All" permission by checking the folder properties .  

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Hi:

I used command line to delete the folder as a work around.

thanks.

Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York