cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Automate.Config File for Versions before BP6.10 after BP6.4

ManojKumar3
Level 6
Hi Team,

We  are Working on the Platform Upgrade from BP version 6.4 to BP 6.10.1 and i see there is lot of change in Tags of Automate.config File

So my question other than manually checking for tag difference for config files between Versions is there any other Way or any manual that states the changes that happened in Automate.config File in version 6.10

Because i also  see a Concept of Encryption exist in Newer Version 

Regards,
Manoj
5 REPLIES 5

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Manoj,

The main difference is as you have pointed out, the concept of encryption on database connection strings for automate.config on the app server. This was introduced in v6.7. The encryption is compulsory and is performed as part of the upgrade using your default encryption scheme. Alternatively, you can choose to encrypt using your own certificate post upgrade.

The process of modifying the automate.config should be transparent to you if you perform upgrade on the app server. You can also copy automate.config from one of your upgraded app server to all other app servers if this is the way how you wish to work.

ManojKumar3
Level 6
Hi Liu,

Yes true. Is there any document that talks about the changes in Automate Config File??

Regards,
Manoj

Prashant
Level 4
Hi Manoj

I am in similar situation as yours and do feel the need too, for a full documentation on the configuration elements. I upgraded from 6.5 to 6.7.3 sometime back and now am again upgrading to 6.10.1. While for me the old configuration works fine - i don't like that I don't know what I might be missing out and what defaults is Blue Prism using for the elements that are not present in the old configuration. I can generate the new configuration during installation, but then I don't know what is the purpose of the new elements and what would be an approrpiate value for them in my setup.

MaxMcConchie
Level 5
We upgraded from 6.3 to 6.9 and had issues with new settings in the config causing date display errors in our automations. This could have been alleviated with some proper documentation.

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi all,

I have fed your request back to our product team and they will be looking at producing a document explaining all the options found within an Automate.config file.