cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty in spying excel

PrageetDak
Level 4
Hi, I am facing three issues in working with excel 1. I have one excel file which is having spaces in between name of file, when I pass that in application modeler, it doesn't get recognized? Is there any solution to this? 2. Once I remove the space manually between file name of excel then it gets opened, but in minimized mode, I tried to send global key ctrl+F10 to maximize it but it doesn't work. How to maximize and bring focus to excel? 3. Also I have to fetch certain fields from excel to validate it but unable to spy it? I tried with active accessibility mode but no help. Please help on above three points if anyone have come across.
3 REPLIES 3

PrageetDak
Level 4
Any idea on same?

sahana.mohan
Staff
Staff
Hi Prageet,

Instead of using name of the file in the application modeller, consider opening the excel application and use Excel VBO - Open Workbook function by passing the Full path of the file as File Name input. 
To bring the excel to focus, use Excel VBO - Show function.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,

------------------------------
sahana mohan
Sahana Mohan Lead Software Engineer SS&C Blue Prism

Hi Prageet

As @sahana mohan has suggested it wouldnt be necessary to spy excel using the application modeler it would be better to use the existing functionality of the MS Excel vbo which should provide all the actions you need to complete pre-built. If you dont have this in you blue prism yet you can import it by going to you blue prism installation folder and in the folder called VBO there will be a load of business objects that come with the blue prism installation and you just need to import these to then use them. You will have functionality for most microsoft office applications as existing vbos available to you in this folder additionally you can also get the extended excel vbo from the digital exchange Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hope this helps :)​

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London