cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty spying objects

AdamSingleton
Level 2
I was modelling a website with no issues.
After running the process a few times, the object started taking over a minute, sometimes over 2 minutes, to locate the field or read the data in the field.
Thinking it might have been a change in website code, I tried to model the fields again and noticed that I had to be offset up about an inch and left about an inch for some fields and down and left about an inch for other fields. 
Does anyone know what might have caused it to change suddenly?  Is there a fix for this?  My process now takes hours where it used to take minutes to run, if it doesn't time out on wait stages.

------------------------------
Adam Singleton
Developer
America
7 REPLIES 7

RobertBorter
Level 3
Could you provide what version of BP you are using along with the browser and it's version number  too?  Would increase the likely hood of a better response.

Robert Borter
Systems Architect
Virginia Dept of Transportation
America/New_York

Robert, thank you for the reply...
I'm very new to automation and should have thought to add that...
We are using Blue Prism 6.5 and Internet Explorer 11

We would prefer to use Chrome, but have yet to be able to successfully map out Chrome for use.

Thank you again!
Adam

Adam Singleton
Business Analyst
Commerce Bank
America/Chicago

JohnyJain
Level 3
​Usually it depends on the attributes that you have selected in the application modeler and especially accessibility mode that takes time sometimes. Moreover you may also want to check the screen resolution of the system on which the Bot is running. May be when you tested during development it was different and when you are testing now it is different. We usually prefer to set the screen resolution of the runtime before running the actual process to the same resolution that was followed during development.

Johny Jain
IT Solution Engineer
Kimberly Clark
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Johny,
Thank you for your response!
I was modeling in html, using the path as the only identifier.  
I have since changed as many as I can to the ID as the only identifier, which sped things back up on those items, but most of the site the ID is blank.

However, it was moving really quickly initially, then suddenly slowed.  There were no changes to the environment we were operating in.

Adam Singleton
Business Analyst
Commerce Bank
America/Chicago

can you please provide a view of application modeller, which attributes you have selected, which spy mode u have used. Please also notice that path attribute changes quickly, so you might have to remove it or make it dynamic. Which website you are trying to modell?

Narayan
Narayan

If I might offer a suggestion to all modelers.  I have found it very helpful to enter the spy mode used to identify an object in its description field.  This way if you are having problems you have a record of what was used.

Robert Borter
Systems Architect
Virginia Dept of Transportation
America/New_York

Hi, 
You can try and use Match Reverse attribute, maybe it will help little bit to speed up the elements finding in the HTML DOM of the webpage. It start to look for the element from the bottom off the DOM. Potentially it might improve performance little bit.

Kind regards,

Dmitrij Mamajev
RPA Developer
Volvo Cars
Gothenburg - Sweden
Kind regards, [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]