cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environment locking Logs Information

sapna_soni0290
Level 5
HI Everyone,

Have couple of questions around enviornment locks & its logging.
1. I am facing one issue where when bot is trying to acquire the lock, its getting token as blank which means its not able to acquire the lock. Not able to understand why is so, coz no other bot is running at the same time to acquire lock on that process so ideally it should get the lock. I tried to debug the process on bot machine, using my BP developers creds, it was able to acquire the lock. Now not sure what's wrong when bot is acquiring the same lock. Since i do not have bot creds for BP, i am unable to debug the process on prod env via bot's access. So can anyone suggest me what can be the issue here? 

2. Is there a logging generated for env locking where we can check what's the reason bot was not able to acquire it? I know we have env locks logs created in system tab, then Workflow and then Environment Locks, when bot acquires a lock , but what about the negative casew when it does not acquire it? WHere do we a see the information why the lock is not acquired? Do we have it generated at any other place then?

3. Can someone clarify, if we always have bot creds created for prod environment. I understand that we connect to runtime resource on prod bots & not required to login to interactive clients so i wanted to know if we have bots creds created for BP on prod machine always or not?

PS -By bot here, i mean production machine where BP process is running.

Thanks 
Sapna Soni
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Sapna,

If you go to System and then Workflow and then Environment Locks, you should get an overview of the currently existing Env.locks. In an ideal world the overview will be empty. Provided you have access, you can also delete obsolete locks here.

My guess is that a previous process run did not release the lock and subsequent runs can therefor not create a new lock. If this is the case, you should review the process to verify that if a lock is created, it will always be removed later on in the same process - also when things go bad during the process. In general I would say that locks should be left in place a shortly as possible. So, place a lock, do the thing requiring that lock, and immediately after that remove the lock again. 

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Sapna,

If you go to System and then Workflow and then Environment Locks, you should get an overview of the currently existing Env.locks. In an ideal world the overview will be empty. Provided you have access, you can also delete obsolete locks here.

My guess is that a previous process run did not release the lock and subsequent runs can therefor not create a new lock. If this is the case, you should review the process to verify that if a lock is created, it will always be removed later on in the same process - also when things go bad during the process. In general I would say that locks should be left in place a shortly as possible. So, place a lock, do the thing requiring that lock, and immediately after that remove the lock again. 

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)