cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environment locking Logs Information

sapna_soni0290
Level 5
HI Everyone,

Have couple of questions around enviornment locks & its logging.
1. I am facing one issue where when bot is trying to acquire the lock, its getting token as blank which means its not able to acquire the lock. Not able to understand why is so, coz no other bot is running at the same time to acquire lock on that process so ideally it should get the lock. I tried to debug the process on bot machine, using my BP developers creds, it was able to acquire the lock. Now not sure what's wrong when bot is acquiring the same lock. Since i do not have bot creds for BP, i am unable to debug the process on prod env via bot's access. So can anyone suggest me what can be the issue here? 

2. Is there a logging generated for env locking where we can check what's the reason bot was not able to acquire it? I know we have env locks logs created in system tab, then Workflow and then Environment Locks, when bot acquires a lock , but what about the negative casew when it does not acquire it? WHere do we a see the information why the lock is not acquired? Do we have it generated at any other place then?

3. Can someone clarify, if we always have bot creds created for prod environment. I understand that we connect to runtime resource on prod bots & not required to login to interactive clients so i wanted to know if we have bots creds created for BP on prod machine always or not?

PS -By bot here, i mean production machine where BP process is running.

Thanks 
Sapna Soni

------------------------------
sapna soni
Capgemini Pvt Ltd
Asia/Kolkata
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Sapna - maybe you have already done this, but check that the env lock is not already in a locked state, even though no other processes are running. I would have though this is unlikely, but it's worth checking anyway.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John,

Its not showing anything under Env locks, which means lock is not acquired by any bots . If you can answer my other two points if you have some knowledge about it.

2. Is there a logging generated for env locking where we can check what's the reason bot was not able to acquire it? I know we have env locks logs created in system tab, then Workflow and then Environment Locks, when bot acquires a lock , but what about the negative casew when it does not acquire it? WHere do we a see the information why the lock is not acquired? Do we have it generated at any other place then?

3. Can someone clarify, if we always have bot creds created for prod environment. I understand that we connect to runtime resource on prod bots & not required to login to interactive clients so i wanted to know if we have bots creds created for BP on prod machine always or not?

Thanks in advance.
Sapna Soni

sapna soni
Capgemini Pvt Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

I think for point (2) there is no 'Attempt to acquire lock failed due to xxx' logging. Perhaps as an experiment you could include the Query Lock action, to see how that behaves and what the session logs may reveal? Maybe even try the Release Lock action too.

For point (3), ideally developers should not have access to any part of the prod environment - it should be completely out of bounds. I know in practice (especially for small teams) this can be impractical, but nevertheless every effort should be made to safeguard prod from mistakes, misuse and malpractice. In your case I'm not sure what you'll gain from accessing the prod VM - I'd be surprised if the Acquire Lock worked in Studio but not via Control Room.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John,

I think you are mistaken here. What I am trying to ask is that whether bots (prod VM) will always have access created for them in BP. So i can login to prod VM with bot creds in BP & debug the process? The points you are asking me to check , needs to be checked in prod env for that i would need to login to BP from bot BP creds & debug it right? I hope you got my query now. My BP support team says they do not have bots BP credentials with them. So i am wondering if bot have BP creds created for them in prod env or not as we always connect to runtime resource which donot need any creds to be available to connect to BP server.

Thanks & Regards
Sapna Soni

sapna soni
Capgemini Pvt Ltd
Asia/Kolkata