cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when sending email throughMapiex: failed to add TO recipient

PetterLindblad
Level 3
Hi   We are facing an issue with Mapiex where the error is "Failed to add TO recipient". We started to get this error when we removed cached mode from Outlook. When using cached mode in Outlook, the error message received was "Failed to access outbox". In other words it seems the error behind the error text remained but the text changed a little bit or then there is some new error. Anyway, so far the only way to workaround this has been to increase wait time until next message is sent.   After the cached mode was removed from Outlook, I tried sending the messages in a loop from the email address assigned to BluePrism to my email address. During the loop, some of the emails were not sent and only the before mentioned message "failed to add TO recipient" was mentioned in the log. This happened regardless of whether Outlook was opened or closed. I was able increase the stability a bit by checking True to the input Include Recipient Email Addresses in the configure stage of mapiex, which is run before each message sent. As mentioned, the emails were always sent to the same email address, so the reason cannot be wrong address or missing address because some emails where received. I have tested the wait time between messages and it seems it must be at least 80 seconds or more to avoid getting the error. However, I think the wait time should be around 120 seconds to avoid completely the error.   We are using Office 365 Outlook 2016 32 Bit edition, Mapiex 2.0.6 and BluePrism version 6.2.1.   Has anyone else faced similar issues and in that case has the error been in Mapiex or Outlook settings?   Br. Petter
4 REPLIES 4

ryanamiller
Level 5
We are currently experiencing the same issue and working through a ticket with Blue Prism.  They suggested the following article, which we are currently working on testing in our environment: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/stephen_griffin/2011/12/06/enabling-ke… I'm not sure if that will work or not at this point, but hopefully you can start there

PetterLindblad
Level 3
Thank you for the tip. Let's see if it provides some solution to us. Could you also update, if you are able to find solution to the issue together with BluePrism?

ryanamiller
Level 5
There has not been a resolution with Blue Prism support, our messaging team is now working with Microsoft to determine if there is an Office 365 setting that needs to be updated to work with MAPI.  Unfortunately we are still going back and forth with them at this point.

PetterLindblad
Level 3
Thank you for the update. I also forwarded the instructions to our ServiceDesk but they were unable to help as they did not recognize the different steps mentioned in the link. I think for us the solution is to wait for the next BP version and start to test the Outlook VBO.