cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while using acrobat dll in c#

SikhaMohan
Level 2
I am trying to read a PDF file using Acrobat SDK through a C# code. We have the necessary Acrobat softwares installed. And the same code is working fine in Visual studio. But when I tried to integrate in Blueprism, when I added Acrobat.dll in the Initialise page, Its throwing me the below error: €œMetadata file €˜c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat10.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll€™ could not be opened€™€”€˜An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.€™ € Could you please help us resolve this in Blueprism?
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi sikha.mohan, I am also working on Adobe sdk to read pdf using c# without opening it. But i am getting ""ActiveX component"" error. I was wondering if you could help me. Thanks 🙂

sndipz
Level 2
​I am also facing same error. were you able to find a solution Sighaa?

------------------------------
Sandeep Ambekar
Technical Lead
Boeing
Asia/Kolkata

A small suggestion, this may not fix your issue, but it's worth checking: 

When you open Adobe, go to the Edit Menu > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) and check if the 'Enable Protected Mode at Startup' option is enabled. I remember working with Adobe Reader a while ago on a project in which I had to read a PDF file and when I turned this setting off in Adobe Reader it allowed me to work with the file after that. I believe it's a security protection mode that is available. You can turn it off for that file only to see if it makes a difference. 

Hope this helps!

Jorge Barajas
Blue Prism
Senior Product Consultant
Austin, Texas
Jorge Barajas Blue Prism Senior Product Consultant Austin, Texas

Hi Sikha,

Try pasting the dll in Automate folder(C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate).  And navigate to object initialize page and give full path as reference in dll pane. Ex. C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate.Acrobat.dll 

Thanks,

Gerald J
Automation Engineer
10xds
Kerala/Kochi
+91-9159842805