cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation in Read Stage

NuramirahMohd_Y
Level 2
Hi. I have been getting this exception. "Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage 'xxxxxx' on page 'xxxxxx' - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." This exception however does not occur every time. Please advise.
3 REPLIES 3

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hello,

Unfortunately, this error is somewhat vague and can be caused by a few different factors -- sometimes this can be due to language settings, or by a version mis-match in MS Office (or .NET Framework). To track down what may be happening here, we have some guidance in the following Knowledge Base articles that I would recommend review of as a first step:
If these resources don't help to resolve this intermittent error, some additional information about the application being automated, the environment in which this is occurring, and other relevant details about the problem scenario would help for others to provide further recommendations here.

NuramirahMohd_Y
Level 2
Hi Steve. Thank you for your reply. This process is made for the SAP application. I noticed that when I tried to run the bot from the Main Page, I got this exception. However, it worked fine when I ran it on from the Object Studio. I'm not sure the cause of this.

PRASANTHM
Level 5