cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired license in dev. Cannot access settings to update

StephenDoherty1
Level 3
Hi, Our licences expired in our dev environment and we cannot access the settings in order to add a new license. when we try to connect to the app server we get a pop up stating "Ensure that the specified server address matches the binding configured on the server" When we access the application server we cannot start the blue prism server service and get the following message ""Failed to start server - A Valid license could not be detected" In this case how are we supposed to apply the license? I have read the article 'How do I add a license key programmatically?' however I wanted to see if there was another method. If not is this Command method done on any dev resource PC or does it have to be done on the application server? Thanks, Stephen
3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Try having the client connect direct to the DB instead of the application server. Updating the license file that way should push to the Application Server the next time it restarts.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
(Wish we had edit rights!) Alternatively, you could open the client interface on the same box the application server is located, since that should already be connected to the DB directly.

StephenDoherty1
Level 3
Hi Amibarrett, Connecting directly to the DB resolved the issue. Thank you very much. Regards, Stephen