cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to launch mainframe emulator Rumba

ChristopherNord
Level 3
Dear all, I am trying to launch the mainframe emulator Rumba from Micro Focus without any real success. I am using Blue Prism v.5 and trying to connect to a session profile with a session identifier "A", but everytime I try to launch Rumba from Blue Prism, Blue Prism crashes and Rumba doesn't start. More, I am using the built-in Rumba choice when running the Application Wizard. Is there some special setting I need to set up in order to get this to work? Are there any workarounds that I can try? Thank you very much in advance. Christopher Nordin
6 REPLIES 6

ChristopherNord
Level 3
Update: I've been trying to launch the Rumba application as a Windows application, then having another Business Object attaching to the session set up as a Mainfram business object. More, I've been changing the Application Manager mode back and forth, but I get the following Failed messages: - Could not load the dll - EHLAPI32.DLL - AppMan32 crashes Any ideas about what more actions I can take in order to attach to the session?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Christopher, First of all, try updating your BP v.5 to the newest version. The first versions had serious trouble with mainframe emulators, and they e.g. didn't work with reflection emulators at all. You could either before or after this, contact Blue Prism to hear if your emulator is one the troublesome ones - as far as I know, there should still be some issues with some mainframe emulators.

ChristopherNord
Level 3
Hi, Thank you for your response, much appreciated. BP is now updated to the latest version, but without any differece. Still getting the same error about the EHLAPI32.DLL missing. I have requested help from BP support, so hopefully they will reach out soon...

paul_fraser
Level 3
Hi, You need to either move the EHLAP32.DLL file into the same folder as the Blue Prism program files, or move the BP Program files into the same folder as the main frame program files, and then run the Automate.exe from that folder. Run as windows program then attach to your session. Hope that makes sense.

ChristopherNord
Level 3
Problem solved with the help from BP support. Actions taken: - Upgraded to 5.0.18 - Create an object using the Generic mainframe choice, then having the full path to the EHLAPI32.DLL file as DLL name, using Windows API for calling convention, Application Manager mode set to 32 bit. This object is used for attaching to the open session (which is launched as a Windows object) - In Rumba, select ""Classic HLLAPI data structure"" under Options/API/Configuration Hope this can help anyone else!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Man, Thank You!!! you just saved me! 😄