cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering more than one RegEX Pattern on a Single Action

RafaelFernandes
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I'm using RegEX Action (VBO - Strings) and i need to find the value of 10 strings on a text. I would like to know if is possible to create more than one condition on the same action. I've tried to use commas, semicolon between the RegEx Patterns but none of this worked.

Could you guys help me ? Thanks in advanced !

------------------------------
Rafael Fernandes
2 REPLIES 2

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Rafael,

The actions found in the VBO implements .NET Regex class, and it only allows one Regex expression at a time. It is quite unusual for any Regex functions to take one more pattern.
Is it possible you can investigate if you are able to devise a complex pattern that would work for the dataset you have in mind?

Alternatively, you may craft your own logic to either extract or test a string against set patterns. It can be done using Blue Prism native logic, or in the form of code stages.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
Keep in mind RegEx has a built-in or ('|') operator, which enables you to have multiple conditions. For example, the pattern quick|fox|over|lazy will return four matches on the text "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." You can try it out here.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer